JBJ 3 gallon Reef tank (under 100$)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBJ 3 gallon Reef tank (under 100$)

I just wanted to share my 3 gallon Jbj pico tank. I have alway struggled with keeping a salt water tank because its so costly but I set a goal to keep it below 100$, any one can keep a salt water tank.

setup:
    3 gallon JBJ nano tank (41.99)
    Top Finn 10 internal filter (12.99)
    Hydro Heater 50W (8.99)
    2 pounds live rock (16.00)
    Clownfish (20$)

in total was close to 100$ but I went ahead and added coral

Coral:
    xenia (10)
    RBTA (25)
    Kenya tree (free)

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

My current routine for maintenance is;
    1) one cup every sunday
    2) top off regularly with RODI water
    3) feed my clownfish, I switch off and on between mysis/flake
    4) feed my RBTA when ever I get the chance, large mysis shrimp
    5) anytime i see diatoms on the front of the glass i clean it with my magnet or you can buy a stick(5)

As for filters, I don't mess with them. That is where the majority of my bacteria currently stays. But some times if the flow is slow, i will get a plastic fork and poke around in there to get the larger debris to move.

My shrimp has molted one time already, waiting to see when he does it again. hopefully i will find one in a month or two.

Let me know what y'all think about breeding clowns and if 3 gallons would work. I know its suppose to be 10 gallons for breeding but I want to know what y'all think. don't say keeping them in 3 gallons is inhuman, keeping a fish in general is inhuman.

Comment

Working...
    X