L46 Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haven't had a spawn since august
    the rain will change the temperature but the rain water here is so polluted. If you want softer water. RO/ is the only way to go. But if they did it ones. they will do it again.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

BIG, I'm going to give that a try with my l86 and l206 groups.

Comment

Hmmm.. interesting info from everyone.
        Maybe a little bit of background.... For about 2 years, i had my zeebs in a bare bottom 55 gal aquarium with caves.
        Late last year, i moved them into a low tech planted 125 gal before going out of town for 3 weeks (automatic fish feeder took care of them for 3 weeks). When i came back 3 weeks later, there were babies.

So it could actually be one of several things.
        1) Temperature differences between my 55 gal and my 125 gal. (I didn't think to make a record of this.. silly me)
        2) Water chemistry changes between my 55 gal and my 125 gal (both used 100% houston tapwater but the 125 had substrate and sandstone rocks which may alter the chemistry.
        3) Being left alone to do their thing for 3 weeks while I was out of town.
        4) Changes in feeding timing / quantity when i switched to the automatic fish feeder.
        5) Acoustic differences because i had my spraybar in the 125 gal out of the water and so there's always a "cascading water" sound.

So many factors.. or could be a combination of factors..... IDK
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Biggest thing in all of that was the complete change in environment.

What has changed in that tank from then till now? Anything specific you can point out. Anyway it goes, it will happen again in time.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Oops... they did it again.
            Banana for scale
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Let me know when you are ready to sell them

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

Really cool. How many this time?

Comment

At last count a total of 15. I couldn't catch 3 of them in the main tank and I found their bodies later. The remaining 12 are doing well in the floating fry trap.
                  By comparing their stages of development, I think these are from 3 separate spawns. All spawned at the same time so something must have triggered the spawns.
                  www.ventralfins.com

Comment

it will happen again and it is real cool!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                      X