No announcement yet.

World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think any purist wants replays at all, they will just go longer and longer and ruin the game. Another official helping with the call is about the max I could stand.

Comment

Originally posted by originalhandy View Post
      I don't think any purist wants replays at all, they will just go longer and longer and ruin the game. Another official helping with the call is about the max I could stand.
      I'm with you on that.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
      "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Man it was beautiful to watch spain get.destroyed!!

What manager in his right mind brings on Torres, who cant score to save his life and hasnt for years .... when yourea goal down!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Nice victory for Colombia! Good to see Greece go down, hopefully we wont have to watch them park the bus for more than three games.

Comment

Fantastic result for Costa Rica! For anyone that doesn't follow that result is like Conroe High beating Oakland Raiders! I love when small teams steal a win, that game is why I love football

Comment

Well, it's definitely looking better for us vs. Portugal! Lmao.
              Germany is TIGHT, though...they're going to be tough.

"I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

that was an all out a$$-kicking. good for the goal differential....but either germany is THAT good or portugal is THAT bad

i am more leaning to germany is that good

Comment

Agreed... Germany can make a good team look bad, but Portugal made some very poor decisions and it's going to haunt them.

Now to see how the US does against Ghana...my heart is in my throat, I want a win so bad!!!

Comment

Holy crap USA where bad but pulled off a magnificent result!

Comment

Yeaaaah! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, but we pulled it off. It cost us, but man- we needed that so bad.

Phew!

Comment

Can'te wayt for tomorrows games ,Brazil is going to destroy Mexico for sure.¡¡¡¡GO BRAZIL!!!!

Comment

was a nerve wracking game against ghana but win is a win! that whole second half i was waiting for the worst haha the were all over the usa

hopefully altidore isnt lost for the tournament...and the rest of the team can get healthy. never seen so many injuries in a single game for one team.

Comment

It was a fantastic result, but man where the US bad. Germany would have knocked in 4 or 5 last night. If we hadnt of rocked teh boat after 30 seconds or if they had of started with Boateng it would have been a different result. Defensively we where OK, goalkeeper was solid. We had no midfield and our strike force with Altidore is suspect anyway imho and playing with his backup we may suffer. They shouldve brought Donavon and not the Green kid or whatever his name is. I think Jurgen will regret that.

I think Altidore is toast for the tournament but id LOVE to be wrong. Ive never seen a guy pull up like he did and be back a week or two later, at least not fit. I am not a big fan of his, at club level he was worthless this year. Johanssen isnt a big name player, Wondo would be my choice but I am not a huge fan of his but he can get down and dirty if needed.

Comment

No doubt I agree completely. Wondo would have been my first choice as well. We need to show we can compete realistically these next two games. If we can't beat either team we will eventually have to face hard opponents if we can make it out of group. I have always thought Altidore was talked up and rarely brought much to the US game. Donovan was a bit odd, but I'll give Kinsman a bit of latitude on selection if he can get results...
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                              Desiderius Erasmus
                              GHAC President

Comment

I think where we went wrong was we went defensive to early (inexperience). Notice after Ghana score we picked up the pace considerably. The team I believe is better than most people give it credit. I think we play a better game against Portugal and walk out with 3 pts. Unfortunately, I don't think we have a chance against Germany . They are the best team in the tournament by far IMHO.
                                GO USA

Comment

Working...
                                X