Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CUBE (Build thread)

Hey guys!! Remember me?!
    I know I haven't been around much lately, figured I'd jump back in and start a build thread for...the CUBE! It's the 12'' x 12'' x 12'' (that makes it a 7.5g, near as I can tell) rimless that I won as a door prize at the GHAC Xmas party. It's been sitting in my kitchen staring at me, empty and sad, for a couple months now...it's time! Because, seriously- this tank is gorgeous and deserves some proper inhabitants. And, because...there's always room for one more nano...!

I finally figured out what substrate I want to use- Tahitian Moon Sand, courtesy of the lovely Aquabee...thankya, Bee!! It looks fantastic in here so far, this is my first time using it...so excited to flood it and see how it looks.

(The kids were having fun doodling in it, we've got a 'starry night' thing going on in this pic, lol.)

So pretty much not a lot else has been decided...of course it's going to get planted- they all do around here.
    And I know we're doing a little canister for filtration, but we're still debating on lighting, scape and wet pets. Roy and I are leaning towards shrimp, just because of the size- with some kind of micro fish, probably. Anyone have any other ideas for less than 8g?

I'll keep you guys posted, hopefully flooding it soon...ready to get this lovely little water-box rolling!
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Really like that sand, thankya Bee! Maybe some SS lily pipes on a 2211.... hmmm decisions decisions....lol
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

So far, so good! Can't wait to see what's in store for this one

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

I have used moon sand as a top layer for aqua soil on one project and my carpet loved rooting in it. I imagine your root tabbing the sand?

Comment

Yes, we usually root tab for heavy feeders, and dose via water column.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Very nice, I've always wanted to do a small rimless cube never got a round to it. Goodluck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
            20g mixed reef

Comment

What is the lighting thoughts for this? Updates?
              Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

Working...
              X