Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partial tank die-off, need to repop. Need some input.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial tank die-off, need to repop. Need some input.

I have a 60g f/w with a 10g sump, 1.5g canister. Substrate is HomeDepot pea gravel 3", 1 big piece of Holey Rock, some rainbow slate, and generic slate. I HAD 2 blood parrots, 2 Electric Yellows, 2 peacocks, and 2 can't remembers (kids called them Blueberry), might be Electric blue?? NOt sure.. .. Oh, and a Pleco. Everyone was happy until something got into my tank... I wasn't sure if it was a parasite, or water. I noticed cloudy water.. tested tested test, all typical water params were normal. Ok. Giant bag of charcoal cleaned the water up nicely, but in the process, 5 fish died.

I have 4 fish left: 1 Pleco 5", 2 blood parrots 4"?, 1 Electric Yellow, 4". My parrots are healthy again, laying eggs and trying to eat me when I put the plants back and cleaned the tank. Electric yellow is under the holey rock like he has always been. I think the Yellow is full grown now, and the parrots will grow more. BUT... My population was decimated. I'd like to add something else that will keep up with the Yellow and the Parrots. I have plans to grow the tank from 60g to 110 (only 1 more foot in length so its easy) so I'll have some more room.

I like the Dovii's, and Red Devils, Oscars too, but the Oscar will eat the Yellow eventually, I think. Any suggestions?

Oh... here's a vid of the Parrots trying to eat me. One of them left a little welt on my hand.
    http://youtu.be/kIqzbjhNXys No haters please... just looking for some advice.
Working...
X