Decided To Try Salt - Aqueon Evolve 8 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided To Try Salt - Aqueon Evolve 8 Build

Any suggestions for led for an Aqueon Evolve 8 if I decide to go reef? I've had a brand new Evolve sitting in storage and I am strongly considering setting up my first salt tank. I want to start off with a FOWLR. Planning on a submersible light to support chaeto in the bottom of the filter compartment. Anyone have any experience with such a setup? Where is the place to grab the best deal on about 8 pounds of live rock? What are the bare necessities when it comes to measuring specific gravity and testing your parameters? I'd like to hear what other members here have to say while I round up some info on the net. Thanks!

Where are you located? I have this very same tank setup as a reef, amongst many others. Let me know if you need anything. I have live Rock, LEDs and lots of coral for whenever you are ready to convert. Lol . But seriously stop by sometime I can help you get started. You can see some of my reefs.

Comment

Used to live in Rosenberg, but moved back up to Dallas and still love the HFB community. I sometimes travel to Houston still and if I do I'll keep you in mind. I appreciate it. Love to see what you've done with your evolve and specs of your setup.

Comment

Another good forum is nanoreef.com. lots of mods done to that tank...1 full spectrum par 38 bulb would be fine for that tank...just dont get a chinese knockoff. You will also need a ato auto top off. Evaporation will suck on such a small tank.

Comment

Thanks. Regarding evap, the tank does not evap much with the lid on at all. Do I need to leave the lid off with a reef light?

Comment

Subscribed, I'm getting my feet wet with saltwater too

Comment

gmod, suggestions on which and where to buy fixture and par 38 bulb? I'll check out the nano reef forum later. thanks

Comment

U can also check out reef breeders lights they have nano light for 129. Would be more than enough for any coral u want to keep. For me personally i would rather start with reg 10g tank with a 10g sump. Iam not a fan of aio tanks...

Comment

I'm set on using this tank as it isn't going to be returned. I'll check on the reef breeders. How about the evaporation question? Thanks

Comment

An ato is really cheap yes the lid will stop some of evaporation but with the salt creep and water stains u will always be wiping the lid off even with the lid u still need a ato cause even the slightest water loss will increase ur salinity a lot...i think lids look cheap personally. And if ur gonna need a ato anyway might as well go topless.

Comment

Which ato do you suggest?

Comment

Ive always done the jbj no exp with the autotopoff.com brand..

Comment

Working...
                        X