Aquascaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquascaping

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the saltwater hobby. I have had my tank up for a few months. I'm not happy with the look of things. I would love feed back and opinions for a better aquascape before trying to add coral.

Sent from my RM-846_nam_usa_366 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sergio; 04-20-2014, 07:33 PM.
    Sergio

N

Sergio

Comment

U need more pieces of live rock to make a nice stack and get to look better rocks
      125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

I was actually looking to replace them all together. Just trying to decide what kind of LR to use. I found the LR that Dennis from FJW uses to look good.

Sergio

Comment

Try to create the scape in the place you buy it and in that way u can see what it can look like

It takes time , usually my wife got better eye than me but is always have a second pair of eyes when you aquascape

I have some nice pieces I would sell soon if u live close u are welcome to see them and see if u can make a scape u like , if u wanna go expensive I would order marco rocks obe of the better
          125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

That's sounds good just pm some pictures when you choose which ones your gonna take out

Sergio

Comment

I would recommend viewing other hobbyists aquascaping to get a good idea what is possible. A neat thing to do is draw a box on a piece of paper and draw some basic shapes to get the general idea what you are looking for. I normally get an idea of what I want in my head then try to recreate it with the live rock. Sometimes (most of the time) it takes a few tries before I settle on something. When shaping think of things in 3D. Including forground and back ground. Look for depth as well as height. I agree with the above, purchase some more rock so you have more choices. It is also ok to saw or chisel the rock to make it more to your liking. GL
              My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

Working...
              X