No announcement yet.

Which snails for South American Puffer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which snails for South American Puffer?

My new SAP are doing great and eating well. MY LFS had an outbreak of trumpet snails so I brought some home (free of charge) and they have been eating away but my question is..... Is there any particular snail that would be best for them?

I have a small 10g I am thinking about stovking up some snails and shrimp in so they can keep in supply but I need to know what is best for them and not to big or to hard for their teeth.

i do not have any puffers...but i dont think there is a "best type". snails primarily eat similar diets and the smaller snails have similar densities in their shell. if they are snacking happily on MTS, then pond snails or ramshorn snails are probably fine too.

Comment

MTS are the best for teeth trimming. You can also feed broken up gumbo/blue crab and raw shrimp. I thaw in tank water with garlic guard and fw vita chem
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
      Desiderius Erasmus
      GHAC President

Comment

Our puffers liked the little pond snails, mts, or rams horn. They will eat most any snail but trumpet snails tend to be harder for them to eat.
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

You can also buy bivales suchas clams and mussles to feed them especially when they get larger. might be cheaper than snails. Think cruchy outside with a chewy center.
          My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

Little pond snails go fine, in my experience.
            The Aquarium Club

Comment

Working...
            X