Simochromis Diagramma Isanga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simochromis Diagramma Isanga

I've searched high and low for this fish. I went to Travis' house to do some fish stuff and saw he had one male. In faith, I just got it hoping I could score more. Well I found more and I'm hoping to be successful with them. They were expensive so I only ordered 10. 3m/7f. One male was DOA so I'm getting 2m/7f to add to the existing male I have now. These simos get relatively large. The ones I ordered are 6-8" and will grow a little more with time. Here's a textbook picture and the actual one I have in my tank.

210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Best of luck with them heard they were killers

Comment

Give them a 6 ft tank or the dominant male will kill every fish, He will still not tolerate another male long term. It may work for a while but eventually he will kill the other male, and possibly the females as well. I had a group for a while, I got at least 6 spawns from them before the Alpha male went nuts, he killed the other male, than preceded to kill each and every female over a period of about 6 months. Mine were about 5 - 6 inches. Same diet requirements as Petros and Trophs..These guys are the meanest Tangs alive..They make Petros and Tropheus look like Pure angels..

Good Luck!
      Tom

Comment

Yeah I hear. The one I have harasses my ujiji all day long. I have a plan though. If I notice any killing I will put the male in the sump as punishment and no food until he gets the picture. If that doesn't work then I tried. I'll give me away to someone with bigger fish.
        125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Fish shaming is guaranteed to work!
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by cichlidomaha View Post
            Give them a 6 ft tank or the dominant male will kill every fish, He will still not tolerate another male long term. It may work for a while but eventually he will kill the other male, and possibly the females as well. I had a group for a while, I got at least 6 spawns from them before the Alpha male went nuts, he killed the other male, than preceded to kill each and every female over a period of about 6 months. Mine were about 5 - 6 inches. Same diet requirements as Petros and Trophs..These guys are the meanest Tangs alive..They make Petros and Tropheus look like Pure angels..

Good Luck!
            Tom
            Oh this comment is so true. LOL. I found S.Babaulti even worse, but they are a beautiful group of Cichlids.

Comment

That's a nice looking fish man. I'd try a single male setup if it was me. Just my gut. People will pick up your spares as shows in a mixed tank. I might take one if it wasn't such a haul for me to H town. Keep us posted. Good luck!

Comment

Nice looking fish Moganman . I used to have one about 3-4" couple of years ago and gave to a friend in League City .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Tropheus Moorii Golden Kazumba
                Petrochromis Red Mahale

Comment

Fish landing today. I'll take a video when they settle.
                  125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Nice , can't wait to see pictures of them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Tropheus Moorii Golden Kazumba
                    Petrochromis Red Mahale

Comment

Disappointed. I ordered 12-14cm fish but received 8-10cm fish. I told butch and he said it was a mistake. I only get refunded for the difference in price for different sizes. The one male I already had is much larger than the rest. Only
                      good thing is that one female had 25 fry. I'll post a video tomorrow when they settle.
                      125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Look nice will u be selling fry
                        Out of the hobby for now..

Comment

Yup
                          125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Keep in touch with me and price as I may pass on that small setup and go for a 150 gl to start a nice colony
                            Out of the hobby for now..

Comment

Any pics yet ?

Comment

Working...
                              X