Houston Cichlid Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Cichlid Club

Hey y'all! I created a Facebook group for people to post pics of their fish/tanks, ask questions, and buy/sell/trade fish and equipment, very similar to the box, but on Facebook. This group was made specifically for cichlids, but is not limited to just cichlids. Feel free to join us! I've provided the link below.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

*MODERATORS* imagirlgeek okay'ed this post

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

bumpski

Comment

bumpski

Comment

This is good because most of the advice on there is terrible. We need more knowledgable hobbyists on there.
        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Why not everybody just come over to HFB?
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

I hear ya moganman, but it's a good place for beginners to learn. Sunny, there's less competition for equipment/livestock for sale, it's more easily accessible, and it's convenient. Also less rules and bureaucracy (nothing at all against the box)

Comment

Less competition means harder to sell. I don't see how HFB is less accessible given that it's on Tapatalk. Lol, and less rules ain't always a good thing. But that's my opinion.

Comment

the more people that we can actually get into the hobby and get them knowledgeable information the better. it's possible that a lot of people on facebook don't actually know about the Houston fish box
                5 gal baby hecqui grow out
                7 gal baby compressicps
                14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
                4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
                100 gal mixed community tank
                125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Maybe we should get on the Houston Cichlid Club fb page and tell everybody about HFB
                  Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 03-03-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I've kind of mentioned it on there and that's why I'm inviting everybody to come to the meeting this month
                    maybe it'll spark some interest in bring some new members in I know that fish box meetings are kind of geared towards fish people but I figured since it's another fish club open the doors and try and invite new people into the Houston fish box to join
                    5 gal baby hecqui grow out
                    7 gal baby compressicps
                    14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
                    4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
                    100 gal mixed community tank
                    125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Good idea, but 3/15 is no bueno for me and a few others lol

I'm not on FB, but y'all should speak of HFB more. There's definitely more searchable info here than most ppl know

Comment

I mention it on all the Facebook Houston aquarium groups I'm on, hell I send folks on the planted tank here as well, lol. Had someone post 3 troph fry and was asking why they chewed all their plants and devoured their algae... I LOL'ed literally.
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                        Desiderius Erasmus
                        GHAC President

Comment

I agree with Sunny. IMO, Facebook is not formatted for Q&A like the Box is.
                          Also The Box is geared to local ( not entirely) fishkeepers. The Box is not perfect and has had its problems over the years, but all in all it is a very well ran site with endless information from vetern fishkeepers. Whether you have a 10 gallon or a 1000 gallon tank there is something for you here. As always this is just M/O
                          300 W/C Burundi
                          210 W/C Moba/ Cyrtocara Moorii
                          210 F1 Moba
                          180 W/C Mpimbwe
                          180 F1 Burundi

Comment

I agree Mike the format is better in a forum like this, but I was surprised at how few folks I recognized. Might bring in some new and old faces here at the box and make the community more diverse and stronger.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                            Desiderius Erasmus
                            GHAC President

Comment

Am I right in assuming that there's no real way of searching, referencing, and reading back in time on FB like you could do here on HFB?

Comment

Working...
                              X