Where are all the saltwater LFS' in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the saltwater LFS' in Houston

Hey all. I am returning to the hobby after about 12 years away. Just noved to a new house and put in a 270 gal FOWLR. I am having a hard time finding local fish stores that carry saltwater. Only ones I am aware of are Fish Gallery, which has a pretty limited SW fish selection, ADG, also a limited selection, and Aquarium World, which has a great selection but makes me nervous about the health of their stock and knowledge of their employees.

Surely there must be other saltwater stores in Houston? (I am inside the loop so I don't count Katy, The Woodlands, etc as Houston ) Can anyone recommend any? Or does everyone order their livestock online these days?

There is strictly marine off 45n inside the beltway and fjw off 290 and mangum. Both are quality sw stores.

Comment

There's also All About Fish on 45S just north of Fuqua.
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Have you tried b b fish on 1960 and perry.

Comment

City Pets in SW area at beltway 8 and beechnut has a good selection of saltwater fish.

Comment

Thanks. Heard about City Pets but couldn't find a website for them and wasn't sure if they were still in business. The others are all pretty far for me...

Comment

There is also Fishland and T & T

Comment

Fish Just Wonderful (FJW)
                3839 Mangum Rd, Houston, TX 77092
                (281) 948-8803

Outside of your loop but....
                Urban Aquatics
                Katy off of Fry Rd.
                713-865-0898
                www.urban-aquatics.com

Omar's Candy Shop | Tomball, Texas| 832-253-3660

Heads & Tails Aquatics | 713-703-3914

Frags and More | Texas City, TX | 281-678-7467

Global Leader Aquatics, LLC - Home
                www.glaquatics.com/‎
                27718 Interstate 45, Conroe, TX 77385
                (281) 419-8882

Comment

Originally posted by benjammin View Post
                  Hey all. I am returning to the hobby after about 12 years away. Just noved to a new house and put in a 270 gal FOWLR. I am having a hard time finding local fish stores that carry saltwater. Only ones I am aware of are Fish Gallery, which has a pretty limited SW fish selection, ADG, also a limited selection, and Aquarium World, which has a great selection but makes me nervous about the health of their stock and knowledge of their employees.

Surely there must be other saltwater stores in Houston? (I am inside the loop so I don't count Katy, The Woodlands, etc as Houston ) Can anyone recommend any? Or does everyone order their livestock online these days?
                  Hi! There is a newer place off Stuebner Airline in Spring called "That Aquarium Place" pretty stand up place. Jamal the owner will take good care of you, he is straight up honest, keeps a clean system, and carries a great variety of quality fish, sps, and lps. He is also good at special requests.

Global Leaders changed owners a few months back and isnt the same. I went in there just a few days ago for live rock and well, lets just say I wont be back anytime soon. But thats just me, you may have an entirely different experience.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...n55UtgI7gkRffA Ocean Life Aquariums

200 - African cichlids
                    72 - Salty Bow Front
                    33 Cube - community
                    10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

Ocean Life is a good store to check out. Good selection and decent price. I like That Aquarium Place too because the owner is friendly. Sometimes I got a better deal than what was priced and never asked for a discount. FJW is good for corals but not much selection on fish. City Pets is worth the drive but prices aren't as low as they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        Ocean Life is a good store to check out. Good selection and decent price. I like That Aquarium Place too because the owner is friendly. Sometimes I got a better deal than what was priced and never asked for a discount. FJW is good for corals but not much selection on fish. City Pets is worth the drive but prices aren't as low as they used to be.
                        The owner at That Aquarium Place is great at taking care of repeat and regular clients.

Id be interested in Omars Candy Shop in Tomball if anyone has any experience with them??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X