A little help on borrowing a tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help on borrowing a tank?

So here is the deal. I have been fighting with a fish store, and the tank manufacture for 3-4 months now. So Sunday I finally get an email back stating that the manufacture of my leaking 240 gallon aquarium, will be out to fix the issue. Here is the problem, I have a 240 gallon aquarium that my brackish water fish have been living in for the last 18 months, and only one 90 gallon to move the fish into, so that the manufacture can fix the leak. The 90 is fine for some for some of the fish, but one shark in particular is going to be to big to fit in the 90.
    I guess what I am wondering, is if someone has a solution to this problem, or maybe a empty tank they would let a very pregnant, nesting woman use for a week or two so the 240 gallon has time to cure?

for reference, here is the 240 as it is now. Leak is the top seal, in the middle.
    Attached Files
    ~ Katie Brueggen

Maybe the largest toet walle world sale would work. I have a few spair tanks but nothing over 55g not being used.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Hi Katie, If you know have someone have 55 Gal barrel it will solve your problem. I have done before for 2 week and use 2of 55 barrel with air pump and small water pump and heater. Sorry I am living far away from you if not I let you borrow my barrels.

Comment

The husband just told me he was stopping by to get lumber on the way home, and he is going to build me a holding tank. We have a pond liner that is 6x12, so it should be enough room to move all the fish for a few weeks. Now to just keep little hands out of a pool with fish in it for a few weeks....
        I am still going to move all my Scats into the 90, since they could puncture the liner, but the sharks and the Archer will be much happier in a long tank, even if it is on the ground... Now to find the old window screens to use as lids to keep the fish in, and child and cats out :)

Who knows, I may find that I like having a fish pond in the house, and may make it permanent! That would really make my husband happy! Okay, maybe I will just keep the ponds outside, and glass aquariums inside, but the new house (being designed) may just have to have one!
        ~ Katie Brueggen

Comment

That is great new. you have a good husband do whatever make you happy. Please post some pic when he done.

Comment

You can also buy a food grade water tote of Craigslist really cheap. Cut the top off and drain all your water from your current tank into the tote, throw your filter and heater in there and you should be good to go...

Comment

What kind of shark?

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X