Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas waater Hardness... Got Results?

Hey all you Texans out there....

I've always heard how hard your water is.... So I have a couple a questions.

1. Is this claim referring to Gh (general hardness) or Kh (cabonate/ bicarbonate hardness) or both?
    2. Either way... How high are we talking?

Thanks for your input!
    Andrew C.
    My Youtube Channel
    Join the Tropheus & More community today!
    (KJV) Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9-13, John 3:16-17

Keeping:
    WC Tropheus Bulu Point, Ikola, Kasanga, Maswa, Pemba, Ulwile, Mpulungu, Tanzania Murago
    WC Petro. Trews,Petro. Moshi
    WC Eretmodus "Mpulungu, Kasanga"-F1 "Bulu Point"
    WC N. Tretacephalus
    WC L. Ocellatus "Isanga", L. Multifaciatus "Mbita"- L. Brevis "Kavala"

Water here comes from the tap a 8.4
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
      Water here comes from the tap a 8.4
      That's pH Troy.

I'll check when I get home. Never really paid attention.
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

I usually come in at 7.9-8.1 ph
        Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
          That's pH Troy.

I'll check when I get home. Never really paid attention.

LOL- Some how I just knew that was going to happen.

Thank you for understanding Sunny!

Will be interesting to see the results.
          Andrew C.
          My Youtube Channel

Keeping:
          WC Tropheus Bulu Point, Ikola, Kasanga, Maswa, Pemba, Ulwile, Mpulungu, Tanzania Murago
          WC N. Tretacephalus

Comment

Mastiff man our water is like the one of te wonders of the trophs world lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
              Mastiff man our water is like the one of te wonders of the trophs world lol

Well that's what I'm trying to figure is why, If indeed so...

Just don't ever recall seeing any test results. So will be interesting either way.
              Andrew C.
              My Youtube Channel

Keeping:
              WC N. Tretacephalus

Comment

If I had a test stuff I would but I don't so maybe sunny can get u some test results lol

Comment

i dont understand why do you want to know so bad? Our water is hard, good for tangs lol thats it
                  175 tropheus Chaitika
                  125 tropheus Ujiji
                  90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Originally posted by New_Cichlid11 View Post
                    i dont understand why do you want to know so bad? Our water is hard, good for tangs lol thats it
                    What is it a Secret or something??

I don't think that you've tested yours have you?
                    Andrew C.
                    My Youtube Channel

Keeping:
                    WC N. Tretacephalus

Comment

Is not, but most people here dont bother with knowing their exact hardness. If your fish are healthy and breeding than why bother with testing water for hardness. The reason i ask is because your from up north and asking about Texas water???
                      175 tropheus Chaitika
                      125 tropheus Ujiji
                      90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Originally posted by New_Cichlid11 View Post
                        Is not, but most people here dont bother with knowing their exact hardness. If your fish are healthy and breeding than why bother with testing water for hardness. The reason i ask is because your from up north and asking about Texas water???

Well once I find some interesting results I'll share my reasons for trying to get an answer for this...

Being a AC Keeper, I"m surprised that you haven't looked into this yoursef.

I'm one of those guys that not only likes to know things. But likes to know Why those things are that way. Anyone can hear something and repeat it to someone else, just because it sounds nice. But I'd rather have an answer to the "Why?" that can often come after sharing information.

So being that I don't live in TX or access to a nice fresh cup of tap water from yall, I'm humbly asking for a bit of help from those kind of enough to lend a helping hand. (Thanks Sunny!)
                        Andrew C.
                        My Youtube Channel

Keeping:
                        WC N. Tretacephalus

Comment

Mine coming out of the tap is around 150 ppm GH. I've seen it go higher, but that was today's reading out of the tap.
                          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
                            Mine coming out of the tap is around 150 ppm GH. I've seen it go higher, but that was today's reading out of the tap.
                            Ah cool. Thank you Sunny!

So we're looking at about 8.37 DGh. Interesting. So it's a little higher than ours here in MI. I tested our tap water this evening and we're about 125.3- 129.7 (7.0- 7.25 dGh)

So I'm not sure where the whole "Texas has Really Hard Water" comment strarted.

Unless it's the Kh that is being referred to as Holey Rock is found naturally in your State. Hence the TX holey rock name... So I'm wondering if this is the menaing behind it...

Might be to much to ask you Sunny as you have already done more than I deserve... But is there anyway that you have a Kh test kit?

I would understand if you wouldn't want to perform another test. No problem if not.

Thanks again!
                            Andrew C.
                            My Youtube Channel

Keeping:
                            WC N. Tretacephalus

Comment

My tap (using test strip results) is 8.2 pH, ~250 kh, ~220 gh give or take 20 on both

Comment

Working...
                              X