Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me pick my Reef lights. I am stuck! PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the 48" is necessary on a 48" tank. With optics, you're really wasting about 12" of that fixture since it's going to be shining on the glass. I think Omar (semper) sells the value reefbreeder fixtures for 180.00, who is obviously local and don't have to wait for the company to process the order. I hear they can have some lengthy wait times. If I were you, I would get 2 of those value fixtures or one of the photon 32" fixtures. I really think that 48 is just going to be a huge pita when it comes to cleaning algae of the side panels of glass.

The controller on the photon series is nice, but the value fixtures do have 2 plugs for each channel (blue and whites). I would spend 360.00 on the 2 lights, and another 100 on a reefkeeper controller for its other uses (auto top off, temp control, powerheads) than spend 450-500 on a light with a built in controller that only does your lights.

Comment

I have 2 value fixtures over my 95 wave tank. Like I said you are welcome to drop by sometime and see them in person. However if you are going the photon route the 32 is a much better option. you will have more spillage with the 48". Let me know either way. I have a photon 32 in stock right now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by semper View Post
        I have 2 value fixtures over my 95 wave tank. Like I said you are welcome to drop by sometime and see them in person. However if you are going the photon route the 32 is a much better option. you will have more spillage with the 48". Let me know either way. I have a photon 32 in stock right now as well.
        ok cool,, i been kinda busy i will get with you to check out how the look,, and i think i am gonna go with the duals and a controller
        http://www.thegettogether.net/ My normal hangout!

Comment

Semper, what is your price on the Photon 32? And what optics are available/recommended? I'm looking at this for a standard 48" 75 gallon with a mixture of corals.

Comment

Photon 32 is $450. Standard optics will work fine for 75. Great light for your mixed reef.

Comment

Have seen lots of great results with the reef breeders lights on Reef Central. You can go on their website under lighting & equipment a do a search... lots of info.

Comment

Working...
              X