South American Community Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South American Community Photos

I took a few pictures with my iPhone after work today that I would like share...
    Last edited by Tautog; 09-23-2013, 10:39 PM.
    “Semper Procinctum”

Very nice discus u got there

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
      Very nice discus u got there
      Thank you. The larger two I acquired as Juveniles 6 weeks ago. The other 5 I raised from 2 inch babies in my smaller grow out tank. The Blue Diamond got sick the first week I had him. I found him in a LFS assorted Discus tank. I quarantined him and heated up the quarantine to 90F put in some aquarium salt and a little Quick Cure for a week. He healed and I put him back in my (at the time) 37G grow tank with the rest if the healthy community and and by the end of that week he was so healthy he became top of the pecking order.

I have only been in the hobby for a year and I started Discus about 5 months ago. I set up the 150G in pics at the end of July (ish) and I broke down and sold my 37G and 60G. I'm just running one tank with a quarantine system. I integrated all of my filters into the 150G and as a result I have 1 Eheim 2217 and 3 Eheim 2215s along with a Fluval FX6 including x2 9W UV sterilizers, an air diffuser and a 300W heater all managing the environment.

This started with my youngest daughter bringing home a mosquito fish from class at the end of her 5th grade year which lived in a vase for a little while. A little over a year later we have a large Discus tank. I never considered how much work maintenance would be but it has much bigger rewards especially when you experience nursing sick Discus back to life and end up with a happy healthy community who beg you to feed them or swim to the top rim and look you in the eye.
      Last edited by Tautog; 09-24-2013, 07:45 AM.
      “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

nice fish and awesome setup. thanks for sharing
        280g:peacocks
        210g : haps
        12g : shellies
        (4) 55g:breeding tanks

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Working...
          X