Tank Stand / Base Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Stand / Base Concerns

I purchased a 150G XH 24x48x30 with a custom Oak stand from DFW from a LFS. Tank and stand were ordered for me. The tank is Marineland and the stand is black oak from DFW. I got everything home and while setting up same day before water, I noticed a dip in the middle of the stand almost 1/4 inch.

I called LFS and asked about it, they said it was very normal and that weight distribution primarily on the ends. I continued forward to setup tank and it has had water in it for over 2 months no breaks.

Am I worrying for no reason... is the weight distribution answer from LFS correct? This is a 150 XH so lots of weight distribution pushing down...
    “Semper Procinctum”

Here is what I would do... I was in the same boat about a month ago and Troy helped me out.

Use a laser leveler and stick it on one corner of the tank. Measure the distance of each other corner it should tell you if you are level. If not just shim the lowest part. I was about 1/8" off and after the tank was full of water the stand & tank were level.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback... I spoke to the LFS rep regarding the maker of the base I purchased and informed in further detail that this middle gap is by design to compensate for unforseen floor irregularities and that the primary weight distribution is on the edges.
      “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

Working...
      X