Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best food for Trophues in the market???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best food for Trophues in the market???

I use the Spirulina 20 flakes of Zoomed and my tropheus are ok with the food. Also I use the Omega One Supercolor Cichlid pellets they love them and never have one left but I am scare they will get bloat soon so I only give twice a weeks ( more %fat) All my fry love NLS Thera A 0.5mm , so today I got 5lb 2mm of NLS Thera A and feed my adult tropheus and they don't like it at all. Do you guy know why and what kind food you feed your tropheus??? What you guy think if I use garlic powder mix with water and use user the garlic water mix the food before feed. Does it help the fish prevent get sick ( the most bloat) please have some advise. Thank

Bloat is overrated man. I have never bloated a fish by over feeding. It's more due to stress that comes from aggression and inconsistencies. Feed your fish
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

You can't go wrong with: NLS, Ken's flakes, Hikari Cichlid Excel, Dainichi Veggie, New Era green pellets.
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Especially when buying bulk

Comment

Thank you, Moganman. I am get into Tropheus so much and that why I love Houston fishBox they have vast of knowledge.. I Just read a small article from http://www.cichlid-forum.com/article...r_tropheus.php and I totally agree with Moganman on the bloat ( not from food just from tress ) I have another question on the NLS food. Why NLS add garlic and call it thera A what does it do for trohues?? ( does garlic make fish digest food better??) I just want to learn some more on tropheus from you guy please teach. Thank You

Comment

Mainly it brings out the Italian in your fish. When you start seeing your fish give you fin gestures take note. That means you have made them mad. I think it also makes them horny. Good for breeding.

Comment

The "A" in Thera+A is in reference to Allicin, a garlic extract which is an antimicrobial but not necessarily an anti parasitic.
              Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 09-12-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Thank you Sunny. I have a lot to learn from you guys to take care my Tropheus.

Comment

Morgan, Sunny and Tim, I know you are pro in troupheus. I have a question how to keep them less tress and happy. I do 25% water change every 4 to 5 days what else I need to do and my PH around 8.2 do I need keep the PH 9 or higher and how (I use lava rock and line stone rock but the PH only 8 to 8.2) please teach me some thank you

Comment

The key is to keep PH steady. Mine is only at 7.6 and fish are happy and breeding. Try to do large (75% or higher) weekly water changes.

Comment

Steady water Steady Temp Steady Feeding's same routines is the secrets to becoming a successful tropheus keeper
                      Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

Lol you're asking us for advice and you're breeding your fish like a pro. Teach me something lol.
                        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

No Mogan. I just learn Tropheus past few months from you guy and books and google it and I am very lucky got fish from LLA and member of Houston fish box that already to breed so I have couple different fries. In Last couple weeks I have few lost by bloat on my Blue Rainbow group that why try to learn some more skills from you guys to prevent my fish sick or dead. Like. For Example I learm from you on the cooler treatment and soak brine shrimp in clout 2 hours... and I did take this note into my books. Also I love DIY that I learn from youtube . All that is mean I am pro. Maybe a year later or more I become a pro like you guys after I learm from you. I wish one day I can sell some my fry to get fund for next fish or fish food. As I said before, Houston Fish Box have vast of knowledge and I try get more advise and skills to be success in Trophues section.

Comment

Btw rember the flow of the tank , help with breeding , feeding , and bloat , a strong current keep them busy and lower aggresion , but dont let much of the eggs get fertile , so u aim to a medium happy in flow , it help bloat cause it make them digest the food faster , but like few already said i never saw bloat with power feeding its mostly stress.
                            125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Thank you Geral, another tip I go to my book today ( strong current -> Fish more active -> digest food faster->less stress & bloat) Right now I use the Maxi jet 1200 and I will order few pump with high current flow 560GPH.

Comment

Working...
                              X