Fluval 48" AQUALIFE & PLANT LED lighting system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluval 48" AQUALIFE & PLANT LED lighting system

I have the 48x30x24 XH Marineland 150G tank. I'm raising Discus with peaceful Amazon companions. I'm also raising Radican Swords and eventually Micro Swords.

I have a Marineland Double Bright LED and I'm looking at the Fluval LED for plants to add with my existing lighting system to reach those deep water plants.

The price is right. Do y'all think it will do what I need?
    “Semper Procinctum”

LEDs for a tank this deep have been tough to find any info on. I'd be very interested in your opinion of them if you go tjat way. We were looking at a pair of Finnex ray 2's
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

I was looking at these earlier on though admittedly I was looking at the reef version. I think for 300 bucks you'd still be better off getting a good t5 fixture. They lose all power after about 12" of water as they're really tiny diodes. Now having said all that, I know nothing of planted tanks, I was just looking at their usefulness for reef tanks but from what I could see, they're still extremely overpriced for the power they put out

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

The fluval plant led's have a much higher output than the double brights. Mainly because of the large increase in diodes. I haven't had the chance to see the affects in long term but I have seen what a tank looks like immediately after. And I can tell you the clarity and water penetration are greatly improved.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback. I went ahead and bought the Fluval LED Plant light... huge difference between the Marineland Double Bright LED. I was able to find one at Petco that was mislabeled for 219... It rang up for 279 but since it was mislabeled they honored the amount... Figured it was worth try... so far so good.
          “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

Nice let us know how the growth is after a couple of weeks I was looking at the reef one myself

Comment

10-4... will do.
              “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

Working...
              X