Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Dream Fish Tank / Fish Room Build...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Dream Fish Tank / Fish Room Build...........

If you could build a dream fish tank or fish room from scratch, what would it be? There's a reason for me asking and I thought I would collect ideas...
    Last edited by Hangman; 08-08-2013, 03:54 PM.

10 ft by 10 ft by 10 ft !! Cube tank lol

Comment

Please be specific with details....

Comment

What are your size limitations. :)
        300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Well if it was a fish room id definitely want a deep sink for washing n such. With a good flow rate for water changes. Many electric outlets for all the equipment needed to run. Built-in drain to outside so waste water isn't being ran thru a hose thru house to outside. Like drill a hole in the wall plum in a 2inch drain pvc with shut off to keep out bugs n stuff. Dry storage area to keep supplies, nets , rocks , filters , chemicals ect. Have the room be Very well insulated and run a dehumidifier in it for all the water volume. And set up some cool rack systems so u can keep many multiple tanks. Possibly have a huge water container outside that holds 500+ gals so water is ready for new tanks and water changes. Install a few floor drains in case of overfills and the occasional ooops !
          5 gal baby hecqui grow out
          7 gal baby compressicps
          14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
          4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
          100 gal mixed community tank
          125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

If it was a dream tank , id go for something big but not outrageously impossible. Say 12ft * 4ft * 4ft, only thing is ud need double doors a it'd be a garage tank. And have it made of acrylic not glass. MUCH LIGHTER!!
            And of coarse it'd be a giant tanganyika tank!
            5 gal baby hecqui grow out
            7 gal baby compressicps
            14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
            4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
            100 gal mixed community tank
            125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Shark and rays tank , BIG sharks lol
              125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

you don't have to go for crazy big tank. You can go for some 150g and keeps some rare, exotic fish like fahaka puffer.
                I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

Ecoxotic Cannons on every tank.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Dream Fish Room
                    400+ gal freshwater tank on the main wall
                    2 200+ gal 1 fresh 1 salt side walls
                    and 1-2 planted tanks maybe around 55gals somewhere in the room
                    and a rack of 2 tanks around 40-55gal as fry or recovery tanks

Dream Tank
                    8000+ gal tank with all monsters

Comment

and i would add afew cameras in the room just so i could watch them when im away or just incase a fish ends up missing to see what happen, as for the room i would prefer no windows, tile floors, double doors, close to the backyard or easy access to outside, enough space to add a small couch or lounge chair so i could just sit back and relax, add a humidifier, adjustable dim lighting, have the room on the quite side of the house[ away from the main living room or play room]

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmeanfish View Post
                        and i would add afew cameras in the room just so i could watch them when im away or just incase a fish ends up missing to see what happen, as for the room i would prefer no windows, tile floors, double doors, close to the backyard or easy access to outside, enough space to add a small couch or lounge chair so i could just sit back and relax, add a humidifier, adjustable dim lighting, have the room on the quite side of the house[ away from the main living room or play room]
                        1: Tile floor - Check
                        2: Double doors - Check
                        3: Outside access - with water/drain plumbing - Check
                        4: dehumidifier (power vent to outside) - Check

Keep them ideas coming.... Thanks...

Comment

Its still in progress but this is probably what it will end up being..

Comment

1 150?? Thata not a dream fish room thats a realistic fish room hahaha jk it looks nice cant wait until its done

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmeanfish View Post
                              1 150?? Thata not a dream fish room thats a realistic fish room hahaha jk it looks nice cant wait until its done
                              Yeah, the 150 is the largest tank that's 18" deep. Any bigger and it would have to be 24" deep which might take up a bit too much space. If I do go 24", it'll be a 265 gallon 7x2x2 tank.. Still up in the air for now...

Comment

Working...
                              X