Gearing up for August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearing up for August

Hey folks! We had a great meeting for July. I stuck around for a bit longer at Kevin's and we got the tank filled and the CO2 kicking. I can't wait to see pics of it grown in (hint hint). :)
    Anyway, it's time to start planning the August mtg. We normally have stuck to 4th Saturdays, so let's plan for that unless someone has particular suggestion otherwise. That would be the 24th.
    Does anyone have a preference for topic/meeting place? If I recall, the last "official" meeting we had, we discussed "El Natural"...so maybe this time we can go high tech?
    Until next time....
    -Dave
    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Hey Dave,
    That was a great meeting and I learned a ton. A note on the date, may want to contact Tim because I believe the GHAC meeting may have been pushed back to that same Saturday.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Chester. I'm glad you got alot out of the meeting too. :)

It's not skin off my teeth if we neeed to push the meeting back. The 31st of August actually works better for me this time anyway. Anyone else want to chime in on whether the date is good? I'll make time to visit with Kevin and get an idea of what his schedule is like.

Comment

Perhaps the GHAC and HAAPS could have a meeting together on the 4th Saturday . . .perhaps at ADG?

Edit: I've scheduled a meeting from 1:30-3 at ADG. Come join us! You can teach teh non-plant people a thing or two.
        Last edited by armthehomeless; 08-08-2013, 05:01 PM.
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I'll pass it along, Tim, thanks. :)

Comment

oh i'll definitely attend this meeting especially since i've never been to adg!

Comment

Fml... Work sucks. I wanted to take that chance to buy more goodies

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

*cough* *cough* feeling ill boss man!

Comment

Hah! Yeah right. They'll harass me until I "feel better" LOL!

Comment

We have confirmed the August meeting. We will meet at ADG (Aquarium Design Group) at 1:30-3:00 with GHAC on Saturday, August 24th. Their address is 3250 South Sam Houston Parkway E. (aka Beltway 8), Suite 100. It's in between Hwy 288 and Cullen Blvd.

From what I understand, their show room/store front is nearly complete, so we get a sneak peak at what they will be offering. This is also a great opportunity to meet up with fish-folk and share information, ideas, challenges, etc...

Comment

If you missed the meeting today, then you missed a great one. The ADG store front is great. With Don (formally of Fish Gallery) manning the store, it will be a sure winner. Fish selection was good, initial plant selection was good (and really clean , healthy plants). Best of all, prices were very good. Make sure to check them out, Houston has need an aquarium store like this for quite some time.
                      Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

^+1

Comment

Working...
                        X