more fish for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more fish for sale

I'll be at the fish house sunday.looking to sell some fish.pm me if you want to come by.

panaque albomaculatus,lda31,mustard spot pleco,4".........$20
    cyrtocara moori,2".......................................... $3,6 for $15
    corydoras sterbai,3/4".....................................$2,6 for $10
    labidochromis sp.red top hongi,2".......................$3,6 for $15
    dario dario,1".......................................... ....................$2
    chalinochromis brichardi,1"+..................................... ......$5

thanks

Chalinochromis brichardi.... The best looking brichardi sp. IMO!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

"brichardi" is the specific epithet. Chalinochromis brichardi is very distantly related to Neolamprologus brichardi. The were both first described ("discovered") by Max Poll who thought both fish needed to be named after Jean-Pierre Brichard. The same thing goes for all the "polli"s. No one would consider Etmopterus polli more similar to Synodontis polli than any members of their own genera.

What's even more fascinating is the placement of the fish in question into the genus Chalinochromis might itself be a bit of a stretch. Anatomy alone, often fails to make distinctions clear enough for classification. DNA evidence actually suggests C. brichardi is more closely related to the Julies than any other Tanganyikan fish and might even be an example of hybrid speciation!!! Talk about drama! I should point out that Neolamprologus brichardi is very closely related to 4 other fish according to DNA/anatomical/life history evidence. Those fish are N. pulcher, N. helianthus, & N. marunguensis.

Comment

where's the fish house? I'm interested in chalinochromis brichardi.

Comment

I shouldn't have said "distantly related"...I should have said "more distantly related." Chalinochromis is probably within the sister taxa to the N. brichardi, N. pulcher, N. helianthus, and N. marunguensis taxonomic group. I want some...

Comment

I've heard it's in Pearland...that must be where they manufacture that fine lager, the finest jewel in the crown of American "independent" lagers, Pearl. It's not actually, but I kind of wish it was named after the beer.

Comment

Working...
            X