No announcement yet.

From African cichlids to planted tank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From African cichlids to planted tank.

I decided in May to migrate my tank from African Cichlids to a planted tank it has been definitely a journey but well it is looking all good, here are some pics from when I started and how it looks now.

Wow. Very impressive, it looks great...! Definitely got a green thumb, I'd say.
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks, the plant that really has helped, I will say the Wisteria, which it is growing like crazy. And got it from the gel packages that sell at petsmart.

Comment

I've ended up with some good plants that way, too- just have to know what to look for (and what NOT to buy, lol)! The lotus looks really happy, too...such a beautiful plant.
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

yes that one I got it from HAW, definitely my favorite plant too the only thing I notice it is a mean plant :) it is starving the lower plants from light ;-)

Comment

Very nice tank! so far the gel pack plants have turned out great... except the dwarf hair grass but that's my fault cause i planted it on some fluval stratum with corries swimming around and they all got uprooted lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Raul View Post
              yes that one I got it from HAW, definitely my favorite plant too the only thing I notice it is a mean plant :) it is starving the lower plants from light ;-)
              Yes, it definitely likes it's space...if you don't allow for it, it'll TAKE it! lol

Originally posted by Chester View Post
              Very nice tank! so far the gel pack plants have turned out great... except the dwarf hair grass but that's my fault cause i planted it on some fluval stratum with corries swimming around and they all got uprooted lol!
              My o-cats do the same thing... I finally gave up on anything with short roots.

Comment

That is just beautiful Raul. Inspirational for worn out folks like myself. :)

Sent from my iPhone by one of my fish
                All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

That looks really nice Raul. The wisteria definitely does fill in a lot of areas nicely. hope my tank turns out half as good as that when it fills in

Comment

looks good Raul!! Keep us updated on your tank!!
                    A wife, two kids and two cats.

Comment

Awesome transformation!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

thanks, well I think the key for that fast grow is of course is CO2, lights and ferts, which the only thing is to keep up with the regime, and yes I had had my battle with hairA, BBA, GSA etc etc and all the algaes that you can imagine which i might not even know they are there.

Comment

Nice looking aquascape.

What type of lights and fertilizers, CO2 fertilizers have you been using?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by mr504 View Post
                            Nice looking aquascape.

What type of lights and fertilizers, CO2 fertilizers have you been using?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I am running the PPS-PRO system for ferts which is technically dry ferts but on a daily dosage.

Light I have 4T5HO catalina fixture but it has 3 switches so i change the amount of light during the day.

Start with 1 6500K add a roseta about 2 hours after then during the high light period another roseta with a 10K and then I start turning them off from 4-2-1.

And CO2 pressurized, and I use a cerges type reactor to diffuse the CO2.

Comment

Working...
                            X