No announcement yet.

My first planted tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a standard 10 gallon... you can get a fugeray led for that suicune and it would work as a low to medium light and isn't that pricey

Comment

yeah I'm really big with the finnex ppl =d... maybe I'll upgrade that.. when I get the puffer home.. so I can put more plant in there for him to enjoy
      I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

My nano was bought for 30 bucks including heater, filter, light, hood... so the light was pretty ****ty, it sustain javafern, moss and anubias just fine, but it's not gonna help anything else other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chester View Post
          a standard 10 gallon... you can get a fugeray led for that suicune and it would work as a low to medium light and isn't that pricey
          I was looking and fugerays come all the way up to 48"s and nicely priced

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
            I was looking and fugerays come all the way up to 48"s and nicely priced
            They are definitely priced well. They're more of a low light fixture than a medium light unless you have a very shallow tank. The only downsides to the finnex LED fixtures is that they all have a 3ft power cord and that the plastic mounting bracket is overly flimsy.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Yeah I use extension cord for my 2 finnex ray 2. I may end up getting a 20inch fugeray which would give me 40-50 par on my 10g Then I can put maybe a tiger lotus and some extra plants in there for the up coming puffer .

Comment

Looking great, Ken! Glad you had enough to plant it up pretty well to begin...soon, they should start filling in even more. It'll be a jungle before you know it! Lol.

And yes, agreed- Tim...great place to go!

A funny scene from 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'. Enjoy!

Wait, just to be clear, not that Tim^^^. THE Tim.
                "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

I suggest that you should add some floaters to the tank, easy to keep, easy to remove and is a great waste eater. Want some illegal grass come find me. I have been giving out grass to people.

Comment

yeah for deeper tanks and those wanting to be able to grow pretty much anything i'd got with the finnex ray 2, and combine it with a monster ray... or wait until later this fall for the planted version of the finnex lights or current usa is coming out with some kind of new led system that will be considered high light...

Comment

No need to add floaters.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

but floaters are cool ... red root floaters will also blossom...

Comment

Originally posted by suicune View Post
                          Want some illegal grass come find me. I have been giving out grass to people.
                          I hope you are talking about aquarium grass...otherwise you might not want that side of your income public...

Comment

whatever you do just don't throw unwanted aquarium grass, fish into a river or pond near your house, that is illegal.

20130222-132306.jpg

Comment

Actually, there are plants that are illegal to have in Texas. Not many people know that though. Water lettuce is one of them I believe.

Comment

apparently fissdens is illegal in texas but it grows here...

Comment

Working...
                                X