Ideas for 10 gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for 10 gal

I recently had a 10 gallon open up when I moved my juvenile JD out of it. Now I have no clue what to do with the tank. It is a small space to work with, so I was possibly going to make it a breeder. Or a plant tank since I do little with live plants right now.

I have a few different types of tetras I could try breeding (black skirts, lamp eyes or beunos aries). I have a least 4 of each type right now. Or i could get something different to try.

Any ideas?

Shrimp!

Comment

Red Cherry Shrimp first or Malawa are the easiest... if your tank is established anyway

Comment

And planted best of both worlds

Comment

I agree a planted shrimp tank with perhaps some teeny nano fish. Ruby tetras always look awesome...or even some embers
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

I agree. Shrimp and plants would be low maintenence and a fun new direction for you. Plus it'll be easy to get red cherry shrimp and plants...I know a few people would be happy to help! Lol
            "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

a heavily planted shrimp tank then forget about water change and just topping off every now and then!
              I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

Ooh, or multifaciatus shellies would be perfect for a 10g if you don't want to go the plant route...
                "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Chester View Post
                  Red Cherry Shrimp first or Malawa are the easiest... if your tank is established anyway
                  Tank has been up and running for maybe 6 months, so it is established. Just need something to put in it now and fill it out. But shrimp are a possibility

Comment

fill the tank with plants and shrimp and you have a phenomenon nano tank.

Comment

I know some cool folks that would be happy to get you a starter colony of cherries...
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                      Desiderius Erasmus
                      GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
                        Ooh, or multifaciatus shellies would be perfect for a 10g if you don't want to go the plant route...
                        I liked these when i saw them at your house. just would change the bottom from gravel to sand, but would be an easy convert (i always love cichlids)

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
                        I agree a planted shrimp tank with perhaps some teeny nano fish. Ruby tetras always look awesome...or even some embers
                        Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
                        I agree. Shrimp and plants would be low maintenence and a fun new direction for you. Plus it'll be easy to get red cherry shrimp and plants...I know a few people would be happy to help! Lol
                        but plants/shrimp would get me experience with a new tank route. once i get the right plants due to my past non-success with plants haha probably was just lighting. but yes very low maintenance once its up and going (like suicune added)

oh decisions decisions....

Comment

You could stick with anubias, ferns and moss for low light low maintenance set ups... and grab a moss wall kit from some cool people!

Comment

Yeah we've got tons of nice low light easy stuff to get you going... I like where this thread is headed! Lolololol.
                            We're all more than happy to help pull you over to the dark side- plants and shrimp are fun easy tanks!

Comment

I have some flat mexican pebbles so you can tie your anubias, moss, and fern to, that would be great also. Standard 10 gallons all you need is a t8 to grow some nice low maintenance plants.

Comment

Working...
                              X