Possible Tank mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Tank mates

I have a 55 gal tank that Im going to be setting up with two Electric Blue Jack Dempsey's right now they are in a 100 gal. I am looking for tank mates that aren't to aggressive but still remain in the cichlid family. I have talked to mnemenoi (Roy) I work with him and he suggested the following Geophagus Altifrons, Curviceps, Severums, Honduran Red Points, Dwarf Pike, Bolivian Rams, Festivons, and I was thinking possibly firemouth's. As for as pleco's go I will most likely be using either Gold nuggets or Green Phantom's. If anyone can offer any more suggestions as to anymore tanks mates for this tank it would be greatly appreciated. The electic blues are about 1.5 to 2" at this point in time.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

I really like firemouths. they are beautiful fish. Nicaraguensis are very pretty.
    Not sure I would go with festivum. they are slow swimmers and would get picked on. Severums would out grow the tank.
    Geophagus altifron gets large too, so maybe a smaller Geo. like Guianacara or Brasiliensis.
    Look forward to seeing what you come up with...
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

All of those mentioned would work fine. I have seemingly always had at least one dempsey in my tank with a mix of all different regions and they do fine together. but firemouths, green terrors, geos and convicts are less aggressive in general. Some rams dont get big enough, and the dempseys will grow fast in that tank size. I steer clear of live plants too with many cichlids, and the severums destroy live plants i hear

Comment

Working...
      X