FJW (updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FJW (updated)

Update the post since now , I can say Dennis prove me wrong awesome guy to buy stuff !
    Last edited by Geral; 01-08-2014, 02:03 PM.
    125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Really? I always get good customer service. He wasn't rude to me. He's one of the few I'd buy from for sw. Great quality corals and even ORA stuff.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

This is the only place I really shop at anymore. Dennis has always been super nice and extremely helpful. If he had something marked as $10 a head that doesn't mean he will frag it. That means he is selling the colony for $10 a head. And a lot of the stuff he had today was for the anniversary sale. His corals are always top notch and livestock is always healthy. Maybe since it was the anniversary sale he was overwhelmed, cut him a break I heard there was a ton of people in there today

Comment

I'm sorry you have bad experience in the one of the best store in Houston. Dennis is one of the store owner that I can order things through text. Dennis always price his torch by heads, but he intended to sell as whole colony.
        Last edited by raleigh19; 06-29-2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

He could explain that I was happy, but he didn't do it and the store was only with another costumer , I know all the owners in the sw are is always top notch customer service, a lil bit more timeof customer service and I would buy the whole colony plus a fish I love the way it look total of close to a 100$ he spend more time with a customer that was there after me is not cool

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Did the other customer already there before you? When I go there and he was talking to the other customer, I wait until he is finished with the customer before me so he can concentrate his service to me.

FJW is pretty much one man show, so a little bit patience and get to know the owner a little bit more will get you deals that you can't find it cheaper online. I like networking so I like get a long with people.

Comment

I was there first, but not even "I will be right with you" or something make the wait worth , or the explain of the heads per colony or frag instead nothing , what I hate the most is that my wife like the coral lol so I gotta find a nice torch and the fish a meleanarus wrasse gotta google the right name

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

I'm new to salt and he was a great help when we were in there a couple weeks ago. Plus there aren't many shops with used equipment. I will be shopping there again and its atleast an hour away.

200 - African cichlids
                72 - Salty Bow Front
                33 Cube - community
                10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

1 bad experience in about more than 15 lfs i have go around is not bad, they are many with used equipment , they just don't display it or tell everyone

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

He doesn't advertise it. But if you are looking for something and he has it used, he will let you know

Comment

Yeah Dennis is top notch when I had SW I was there every week it seemed. I tell him what I want he he gets it new or used. I don't know your circumstance but unless you asked for help and he ignored you it might have been he just wanted to let browse. I personally like this bc I don't want people hovering. I would say give him another try.
                      Resident fish bum
                      330G FOWLR
                      34G Reef
                      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Dennis is great. When I started out in salt, we would save me money by NOT selling me stuff until my tank was mature.

Comment

Dennis is great. Even when I started he helped me out and even after months and months he remembered me from my first time there. Nice guy and helpful. Sorry you weren't happy with your experience. Today was good though at the anniversary.

*Sent from my little corner of the reef.*

Comment

got a bunch of corals and fish for a good deal today at the sale

Comment

Too bad I missed out on the anniversary sale. Of all the SW stores in Houston, FJW is my #1. 3CC is my #2. Then City Pets. They're all good people and each have great quality coral and livestock.

Comment

Working...
                              X