No announcement yet.

Tips on how to strip Chimba holding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I've broken ALL of the tumbling rules. Science is so theoretical isn't it.
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

I watched a video earlier and a guy used a damm paper clip to pry open the mouth he uses the side of it and all i could think of is the fish squirms and tear the mouth open he did use a turkey baster to get the eggs from the bucket to the tumbler he had placed in the tank that seemed to work good

Comment

I use a spoon. I'd've stripped eggs day 4 and had all make it. No slow growth rates like some suggest. I've stripped eggs day 7-10 and didn't have any I'll effects. They start hatching day 4/5. Day 6 and 7 they are full bodied with eyes and tails. Day 10 they are bigger. Day 14 in an empty tank a tumbler isn't necessary. I've probably gotten 100 fry from stripping in the last month and a half and most were stripped days 7-10.
        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Well I did a water change today and went to catch the chimba holding and when I finally cornered her she spit so I didn't get to strip her but she spit 4 nice new baby chimbas ready for the grow out tank.... Awesome I checked what I think was her and nothing left so I'll keep an eye out for a lil bit to make sure vt shes a small girl so I imagine 4 is all she had

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1371941713029.jpg
            Here's one of the baby's now
            Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Comment

That's awesome Johnny! Congrats pops
              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

I love fry! Sooooooo cute.

"All bleeding stops eventually."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Thanks them coming out grown suprised me I watch my babies everyday and missed it but hey I'm good with it

Comment

The alpha is running everyone off and shaking and drawing a couple of females in I'm guessing I need to get my radio in there tonight and throw on some Barry

Comment

It's pretty awsome to watch she runs off to the middle of the group and he goes straight to her shakes all lit up and she follows him back to the otherside like he puts her but in a love trance

Comment

Pic of my alpha male

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Lol! Looks like you're thoroughly enjoying your Petros! Nice. That male looks awesome man.
                          Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 06-22-2013, 08:16 PM.
                          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Oh ya can't wait to give them there own tank and see them go without the trophs

Comment

Nice, I wonder if mine aren't growing very fast because they are in the tank with my dubs
                              125g: Empty For Now
                              90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
                              Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                              X