Tropheus bloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropheus bloat

Just curious how do u guys treat ur fish when hey get bloat and what are ur treatment schedules ?

There should be a "sticky" on the Tropheus and Petro forum . It may have moved somewhere but.....I thought that Gene had made a step by step "sticky" somewhere .

Sent from Galaxy S3
    Last edited by supadave; 06-08-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Look for it in the "diseases and medication" section. Originally posted by Geoff.

Edit: moved this thread to the same section.
      Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 06-08-2013, 08:30 AM.
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Here you go....Alex . I'm a Clout user . I pretty much treat the same as Geoff does below . I have had awesome results with Clout .

The two most widely used Bloat treatments are with Metrodiazonal or with "CLOUT" tablets by Aquarium Products.

I have found that the best method for treatment of Bloat is to use CLOUT in this manner.

Day 1- Remove any Carbon or other Absorbtion type resins or Media + 50% Waterchange + Dose 1 tablet per 10 gallons

Day 2- Dose 1 tablet per 10 gallons
        Day 3- Dose 1 tablet per 10 gallons
        Day 4- 50% Waterchange + Dose 1 tablet per 10 gallons
        Day 5- Dose 1 tablet per 10 gallons
        Day 6- Dose 1 tablet per 10 gallons
        Day 7- Add Carbon + 50% Waterchange (usually cured by Day 7)

After 2 or 3 days remove the carbon

Always treat minimally for 5 days even if cured.

On very rare or tough cases, treatment is needed past Day 7, so if needed on Day 7 do not add Carbon, but instead dose 1 tablet per 10 gallons as directed on the bottle. Always treat until all fish are eating, in the same manner as before. Â*Use the routine of Dose, Dose, Dose and Waterchange.

If your fish has bulging eyes or protruding scales it is a pretty bad case. Â*

The most important thing you need to do is also find what caused the case of bloat. Â*Tropheus get bloat from Stress. Â*This stress is either caused by Diet, Water Quality, or physical stress from agression or enviroment.

If you use the Metro treatment, use the metro tablets to treat your aquarium as directed on the bottle. Â*Then get Metro powder if possible, if not then crush you metro tablets up, and soak your flake food in the dissolve metro and feed in that manner.

When using the Metro treatment, this is what I prefer.

Using Jungle Labs "Parasite Clear" Tablets 1 per 10 gallons. Â*These tablets contain both Metrodiazonal and Praziquental, two of the most powerful meds for internal parasites. Â*Use the directions on the packaging.

I hope this helps...

I have been keeping nothing but Tropheus for over 10 years, if you have any further questions PM me or post here.

Take care,

Geoff

Comment

Clout is awesome. I use clout and metro together, plus epsom salt, for bloat.

Comment

Thanks guys I am treating with metro and aquarium salt right now

Comment

Aquarium salt and Epson salt are two different things. Aquarium salt doesn't do anything for bloat, at least it didn't for me.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Aquarium salt helps with gills and help the fish recover from harsh meds.
                210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

So what does Epsom salt do ?

Comment

Epson salt can be a laxative. Helps with constipation. Generally bladder infections. It says most of the uses on the bag. It's also plant fertilizer and some other things.

Comment

O I see I guess ill need to get some Epsom and more aquarium salt just to have back up

Comment

Epson salt is a good additive when doing WC as well.
                        5 gal baby hecqui grow out
                        7 gal baby compressicps
                        14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
                        4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
                        100 gal mixed community tank
                        125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Originally posted by crazy42bmx View Post
                          Epson salt is a good additive when doing WC as well.
                          For trophs, petros, or any other fish that eats a lot and often. I wouldn't recommend adding it to any tank just to add it unless you're feeding often or for constipation or bloat. Using it otherwise is just a waste of money imo.

Comment

Aren't there other benefits from epsom salt than just being a laxative?

Comment

Helps bruises and soreness I believe. Unless you're talking about fish only

Comment

Working...
                              X