Moon Jellyfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Jellyfish

I've got a friend who's determined to get these jellyfish no matter what. Any tips on successfully keeping them? How many can comfortably live in a 6g? We've sourced 10 @ $20ea free shipping. Is there another source that's cheaper or about the same without a minimum purchase amount?

I personally know nothing... but this seems like a decent website.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

We're in the same boat lol. I know nothing of jellyfish in general. We came across that website while doing some quick research.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

From what i understand on jellys they need a round tank with good circulation that creates a circle motion the tank set up for them is quiet expensive..... The show tanked did one for a frozen bar in vegas awhile back it was a cool set up.... Oh also i believe they have to have fairly cool water like low 70's or upper 60's

Comment

Jelly fish tank would be soothing. Maybe the zoo can give you some pointers?

Comment

IVe seen some jelly at the zoo maybe fish gallery might know ?

Comment

They do need a circular tank... otherwise they can get stuck in the corners. They use the current to move, so if they get stuck in a corner there is no getting out.

Comment

Also... the ghac takes a yearly behind the scenes tour of the zoo aquarium and the moodygardens aquarium. Maybe you could tag along and pick the guy who takes care of the jellyfish's brain.

Comment

Assuming your friends is NOT going to get a circular tank, from what I've read they do need flow, but flow similar to a seahorse tank, eg quite gentle flow otherwise they will get blown all over the place, also, he needs to take big precautions to protect the jellies from and filter intakes or overflows as they will get sucker in very very easily and once they're stuck, you've pretty much lost them. All this is also just from basic reading, never had any personal experience, but obviously the wife would love jellies so I've done a bit of research :-)

Sent from BiGPiNK's Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BiGPiNK View Post
                    Assuming your friends is NOT going to get a circular tank, from what I've read they do need flow, but flow similar to a seahorse tank, eg quite gentle flow otherwise they will get blown all over the place, also, he needs to take big precautions to protect the jellies from and filter intakes or overflows as they will get sucker in very very easily and once they're stuck, you've pretty much lost them. All this is also just from basic reading, never had any personal experience, but obviously the wife would love jellies so I've done a bit of research :-)

Sent from BiGPiNK's Tapatalk
                    She is getting a circular tank. She's already liking the one she came across. It's similar to the ridiculously expensive BiOrb tanks. We've already came across all that online. I was hoping to have someone with personal experience chime in. Personal experience always trumps the internet info.

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
                      Also... the ghac takes a yearly behind the scenes tour of the zoo aquarium and the moodygardens aquarium. Maybe you could tag along and pick the guy who takes care of the jellyfish's brain.
                      When is it?

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
                        +1 When is this? I would love to get a behind the scene tour!

Comment

We are currently working on that
                          Resident fish bum
                          330G FOWLR
                          34G Reef
                          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

It usually takes place in the summer on a saturday....

Comment

Sounds good. Hopefully I can get that day off. Anyone know a source cheaper or similar price to 10 @ $20ea without a minimum purchase?

Comment

Working...
                              X