No announcement yet.

NOW it's a Discus tank!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too but if I have to choose 10K or 6500K with no scrubbing algae off glass, plant and driftwood, I think I will go with the less work option. Also gives me the low light effect I was looking for.

Comment

Try putting some plecos in there and how long are ur lights on ? Mines only come on for 4 hrs a day

Comment

Plecos would starve in my tank. My lights are on all day. I office from home so this set up works. As they say, "if it ain't broke..."

I can go look at my reef tank in the other room if I want bright light. I use 10k bulbs on it.

Comment

I see hope those discus breed for ya

Comment

Looks good. I reduced my blues on my lights as well but I think I am going to increase it up a little.
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Well I decided to tweak the lighting just a bit. I switched out the 2 6500K bulbs I was using for an Aqueon 6700K bulb and an Aqueon Colormax. I think I like this combo much better. Here are a few pics. Pardon the quality as they are taken with my phone. One of these days I'll use my DSLR and get some better pics.

Here is what happens when I drop in a bloodworm cube.

Comment

Very nice... almost makes me want to go back to freshwater

Comment

I like this color mix better

Comment

That's a very nice looking group. I'm starting up a Discus group myself. Will post as soon as I figure out how to attach images to posts. I'm new here. Beautiful setup.
                    “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

Well it's been a few months so I figure it's time for an update. LOVE MY DISCUS TANK!!!! Like it so much I came very close to parting with my 150 reef but came to my senses

Things are going pretty well. I started getting a little algae on my plant leaves but that's mainly because I leave the lights on way too much. Today I shortened my light cycle (it's still going to be too long) and added, 1- orange dot pleco, 2 - albino long fin bristle nose pecos, 2- clown plecos and 10- o cats to help me with some algae clean up.

The discus seem to like the way things are going because the Tiger Turquoise pair has started laying eggs. I don't soften the water and I'm not trying to breed them but it's fun to watch. I'm not sure what's eating the eggs but I suspect my corys are filling up at night.

I'll try to get some better pictures once it gets dark and I don't get the glare from the window.

IMAG0877.jpgIMAG0879.jpg

Comment

That's really cool.
                        “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

Very cool!
                          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Nice, it looks good.

-Iceeeyyyy-

Comment

Here is a short video of the tank as of today.

Comment

Awesome! Are you doing anything to soften your water?

Comment

Working...
                                X