Lighting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting question

I have a 20g L planted is this lighting enough or to much? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367026632.243824.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367026644.674749.jpg
    23w cfl lights 5600k each
    I want low light

What is the plant on the back right?

The light you have should be enough, although a simple T8 strip light would have probably been then the same price.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

lol well see the downfall is this. I built the rack with out thinking about the HOB filters... so I have to hang these filters on the side of the tanks. I am not happy with this, anyway so I am trying to find other means of getting lighting. I have about $600 worth of right lighting sitting in a box that I can not use unless I redo the rack. If I hang it from the ceiling I can not get to my tanks in the back

Comment

We live and learn. I'd modify/rebuild the rack.
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

I would put in the tank filter or a small canester filter. then the other light will fit.
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
            I would put in the tank filter or a small canester filter. then the other light will fit.
            This is a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy54 View Post
              I have about $600 worth of right lighting sitting in a box that I can not use unless I redo the rack. If I hang it from the ceiling I can not get to my tanks in the back
              I'm curious as to why you have $600 worth if lighting equipment just to accomplish low lighting? A fixture like that is enough to do very high light. A simple $20-30 fixture would suffice for low light.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Well guys I fixed my issue I move the stand off the wall so all the top has proper lighting and isn't make ready. Then I have 2 tanks that require no light on the bottom row so this only leaves me 1 tank that needs lighting that I will have to build something. I saw a neat PVC stand for lights I might try. I will post pictures in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                X