Bubble anemone? What to feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubble anemone? What to feed?

I believe I have a bubble tip anemone. What are the best things to feed it and how often should I feed it? He is pretty small. Does he need to have a variety of different foods etc? He has a clarkii clown that host him. He looks a little wimpy today, picture is of him last week. Thanks!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365892920.249878.jpg

Size dictates food. I always take some uncooked table shrimp. Chop it up real fine, soak it in Selcon, then target feed. I know of some who feed it silversides. What ever you use, thaw it out completely,
    My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

I feed my RBTA fresh cut shrimp. I wouldn't feed silversides, I have heard horror stories about people feeding there nems silversides and aren't able to digest the bones thus killing them. I think shrimp is the best thing to feed them. I try to get the uncooked shrimp, IMO I don't think the cooked shrimp has as many nutrients as the uncooked. I usually target feed mine weekly or bi-weekly. I usually base this on how fast it expels the waste from his previous meal. Speaking of that, once you do feed you anemone don't get freaked out with it kind of deflates and you see some brown stringy matter coming out of it's mouth. That's it expelling waste. Freaked me out the first time I saw it.
      “Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner.”

Comment

I never feed mine

Comment

I just target feed spirulina brine shrimp and mysis shrimp

Comment

+1 saltreefer07

Comment

Working...
            X