120g FOWLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120g FOWLR

Finally got the tank I been looking for. 120g 4x2x2 RR with a diy 40g sump. This thing looks huge next to my 40g breeder. Just started setting up the tank yesterday. Need to work on a little more plumbing, more rocks and water.

Very nice! Love both footprints (just bought a fodee yesterday at Petco), but the 120 has always had my heart. :) GLW the build! I'd reef that puppy out!

Comment

Comment

Good start. What else you plan on stocking it with? What lighting are you using? You should put that heater in the sump.

Comment

I will move the heater. It was just in the top tank cuz I wasn't finish with the plumbing.

Comment

LOL! What about Jose's other questions, man? Lighting? Any more livestock plans?

Comment

For lightin I have 2 50w led 14k flood light. Plus 2 48" t5 actinic. Going to be filling up the tank with tangs and angels.
              Naso tang.
              Blue tang
              powder brown tang.
              Tomini tang
              Lion fish.
              Blue face angel
              queen angel.
              Emperor angel

Comment

And a gem tang !! Lol

Comment

Like Whoa!

That's way too ambitious IMO, but who am I to tell you what you should and shouldn't do. Good luck man! You're going to need it.

Comment

That's a lot of tangs and angels...

And a lion fish to boot.

Maybe reconsider stocking options?

Lol, hell with that light I think it's going to be a reef tank soon.
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

What's the most I can put in. As of now there's 2 clown 1 flame. 2 chromis

Comment

What's more important a skimmer or uv.

Comment

Re: 120g FOWLR

Skimmer by far, especially in a fish only system where you're probably going to end up feeding heavily. The skimmer will actually remove crap from the water resulting in lower nutrients = less algea. The uv will "clarify" your water but won't actually do anything but kill bacteria, spores and parasites (still something of benefit to your fish)

Sent from BiGPiNK's Tapatalk

Comment

Those will be gone if you still plan on the lionfish. You shouldn't add any predators. My puffer's personality came to life when I got rid of my lionfish. Most angels and tangs get pretty big. If you get them small, you should be fine for a while. I would go for smaller fish so you can have more quantity of fish.

Comment

120g FOWLR

With all those tangs I would scrap the lionfish and get cleaner shrimp
                              Resident fish bum
                              330G FOWLR
                              34G Reef
                              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                              X