No announcement yet.

Bad Experience with The Cichlids Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by duckie673; 04-02-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Re: Bad Experience with The Cichlids Place

Originally posted by duckie673 View Post
      that you brought to the forum.
      smh
      Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

close this pointless thread.
        Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

Agreed! This Thread can be closed, or deleted if it's pointless. Thanks Rene for refunding me so quickly, and to SunnyHouTx for havingsome perspective.

Originally posted by Ogrodii View Post
          close this pointless thread.
          Last edited by duckie673; 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

In my experiences with Rene, he's a stand up guy. He's not profit driven and he is always willing to work with someone. This is not a bad experience that deserves a blast. A bad experience is paying high dollar for sick fish and not receiving a refund or an importer intentionally misleading a customer to believe something that isn't true. A few text messages that seemed that he was willing to accommodate every desire you had to only end up in your disappointment. An estimate of the shipping is normal. Some things are unforeseen. Maybe Rene has used USPS for shipping and that was the average cost, which led him to believe it was $40 per box. Glad you received a refund that fast. Some importers take weeks.
            210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
            125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Originally posted by moganman View Post
              In my experiences with Rene, he's a stand up guy. He's not profit driven and he is always willing to work with someone. This is not a bad experience that deserves a blast. A bad experience is paying high dollar for sick fish and not receiving a refund or an importer intentionally misleading a customer to believe something that isn't true. A few text messages that seemed that he was willing to accommodate every desire you had to only end up in your disappointment. An estimate of the shipping is normal. Some things are unforeseen. Maybe Rene has used USPS for shipping and that was the average cost, which led him to believe it was $40 per box. Glad you received a refund that fast. Some importers take weeks.
              +1
              Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

From what i read he said he ESTIMATES the boxes to be $80 total so there was a bit of an error but with anything thats estimated from my experience and this is with anything as ive never had fish shipped is the price is always higher i never go off of estimated prices i always get a final price before paying..... But with that said Rene refunded very quickly with no hassel ive talked to people that go theough hell when an order is messed up to get refund or just handled right i think everything was handled very well by Rene

Comment

Very well said Sunny and remember he did say aproximatly 80 a box. Stop crying OP
                  Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Beating a dead horse.
                    Originally posted by jhenry View Post
                    Very well said Sunny and remember he did say aproximatly 80 a box. Stop crying OP

Comment

Originally posted by duckie673 View Post
                      Beating a dead horse.
                      Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Originally posted by jhenry View Post
                        holy shiet WINNING!
                        Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

we can change the title of this thread is "USPS is super expensive" for large WC gibbs. As you can see Rene has a great number of people whom would buy from anytime and again (that including me) - simply because he is a standup guy and super pleasure to work with. Duckie, I am glad you agreed that was just a simple misunderstanding. Now let's remove this thread, change the title or just close it out all together and let him go back to import more nice fish and getting them to our tanks.

Comment

I agree with the OP. If you estimate that shipping will cost X, and it ends up being 3X, you should let them know before shipment and give the buyer the option of continuing or not.
                            Luckily this had not been shipped yet.
                            That being said, seller refunded money and canceled shipment. It would have been interesting if the shipment had already shipped though.

Comment

Working...
                            X