120 build help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120 build help

I am currently taking down my 40gallon reef tank and will be replacing that tank with an 120g 4x2x2' with an 40g breeder tank as my suml. My plans for the 120g is a FOWLR tank. For lighting I will have 2 50w led flood light. And maybe some blue led for the blue look to the tank. My question is what would be a prefect sump setup for this size tank. There will probably be 12-17 fish. Trying to get them as small as I can.

Wouldn't a closed loop be enough for a FOWLR?
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

for the skimmer i been looking at. which one would you go with? or is there an better option for my setup that you would recommend?

The Bubble Magus Curve Series are budget-friendly skimmers with a simple and proven wine-glass body design for effective foam collection and a quiet, efficient needle-wheel pump that delivers lots of fine bubbles. Curve skimmers also have very compact footprints for sumps with tight spaces and include welcome features such as a quick-release collection cup for easy cleaning. The combination of proven and effective design and simple maintenance makes this an excellent choice for the value-minded reefer.   Features Proven wine-glass body shape Great foam production Space-saver design Designed for ease of maintenance   Curve 5 Sizing Recommendations Light Bioload: 120 gallons Medium Bioload:  90 gallons Heavy Bioload (most common): 55 gallons   Specifications Footprint: 7.28" x 7.08" Height: 18.5" Recommended Water Height: 9.5" - 11" Pump Model: SP1000 Power Consumption: 8 Watts @120VAC, 60Hz Air Draw: ~300 LPH   What's Included? 1x Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer

Comment

Go to FJW they have that bubble magus curve 5, same price.

Comment

Was looking at the curve 7 and the octopus 8.

Comment

Working...
          X