Moving bed filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving bed filter?

I am seriously contemplating getting or building one of these as I have heard very good things about this type of filter but it truly an eyesore in the tank unless well hidden has anyone ever used one and if so how did it work for you or is it even worth the time or effort?
    125g: Empty For Now
    90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Work great at converting ammonia and nitrite. They suck up a ton of o2 though IIRC. Watch out on restarts after outages, etc. regular old sumps have never treated me wrong, so I've never had the desire to branch out into k2 filtration. I've read they're very popular with rays and such

Comment

K2 is amazing! I've seen two tanks so far with moving bed filters. It's ridiculous how much it clears up the tank. I'm planning on getting a sump and running only a lot of K2

Comment

Yeah a good friend of mine has a diy one on his tank and it has his water pretty clean and he has it well hid in his tank

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by LordBarron7692 View Post
          Yeah a good friend of mine has a diy one on his tank and it has his water pretty clean and he has it well hid in his tank
          This had me a bit confused along with the OP. Are you talking about putting the K2 media in the actual tank or in the sump?

Comment

Yea I wouldn't put that thing inside the tank. It would look ugly. I'd have it as a sump

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
              Yea I wouldn't put that thing inside the tank. It would look ugly. I'd have it as a sump
              Daaaang Mr. Mia back in action?

+1 to having it in the sump. It would look pretty silly inside the display tank.

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                This had me a bit confused along with the OP. Are you talking about putting the K2 media in the actual tank or in the sump?
                I think he's talking about the small DIY in tank bed filter. A few people used coke bottles for the dIY on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                  Daaaang Mr. Mia back in action?

+1 to having it in the sump. It would look pretty silly inside the display tank.
                  Been trying to find the right song for my fish so they can breed like rabbits for me. Lol they gotta buy their own food man. That ain't cheap

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
                    I think he's talking about the small DIY in tank bed filter. A few people used coke bottles for the dIY on youtube
                    Ah I think I know what you're talking about. Kinda like this?

Last edited by mistahoo; 03-21-2013, 11:39 PM.

Comment

There's also this that I was looking at last year. The design looks eh. Also, there's not much oxygenation going on. I'd probably make a wet/dry filter and put a powerhead with the K2 and then have a plate separating the K2 and the return pump.

Comment

Yeah its a in tank set up that is well hid behind some extensive rock work

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                        X