Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is their any aquarium shows or auctions in houston????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is their any aquarium shows or auctions in houston????

have read about big Aquarium shows in other states where you can get special fish and they have auctions and you can bring your fish and enter them into contest was wondering if we had one in houston or near houston

never mind found one put on by the Houston aquarium society on march 17th for anyone that wants info here is the web page for the auction http://houstonaquariumsociety.org/AU...AGE-Spring.htm

Comment

There are nobig shows like you see in the north. There will be a killifish show in thesummer and in September, FOTAS will be held in Houston and is supposed to havea fish show as well as an auction. HAS puts on about 3 auctions a year, spring,summer and fall. GHAC has put on one auction last year, I'm hoping they willput on one this year as well. And TAKO(killifish) will put on an auction withtheir show. Doug has put together a list of shows/auctions all over the countryat this link: http://www.houstonfishbox.com/vforms...-Calendar-2013
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

how big is the HAS show will their be discus and other high end fish and is it more freshwater or saltwater

Comment

I have not been to a HAS auction in about 4 years. To my knowledge, its only freshwater fish. If you are looking for saltwater, check out marshreef and see if they got anything going on.

Comment

HAS is an Auction, not a show. There are usually a lot of Cichlids and I've seen Discus sold there in the past. Usually a LOT of african cichlids.
            Guppies:
            Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
            Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
            HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

When is the next auction [emoji848].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

72 Gal bow front - 11 L134 plecos , 6 albino corys , 10 mikula (2 inches)
              30 Gallon - Bristle nose male and long fin albino pleco and their babies- breeding tank.
              20 gallon planted long- Assorted guppies, long fin pleco juvies
              30 gallon hexagon - Black moscow guppies and long fins
              46 Gallon- Gold fishes
              10 gallon - breeding cory
              10 gallon - cory babies

Comment

Working...
              X