No announcement yet.

Thinking upgrading from a D90 to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing to think about is why are you wanting to go full frame? Most people sight noise performance, but honestly, with the latest sensors from the D5200 and potentially from the D7100, high iso performance is good all the way up to iso6400. So really iso performance was true in the past for full frame, but that gap is really small with the latest DX sensors. The reason I go full frame is I love wide angle. I do lots of landscapes and such so wide angle was the key in my decision to go full frame. The wide angle options in DX are almost non existant. For those that like sports or birding, etc that likes long reach, I'd avoid Full Frame as it will ultimately cost you a whole lot more in lenses to get the same reach as DX. And no, cropping can only go so far since you lose resolution. So a D7100 + 300 f/2.8 will cost you $7000 while a D600 + 400mm f/2.8 will cost you a whopping $11,000 and have less reach! And the D7100 is a much better spec'd camera than the D600.

Comment

Originally posted by Hangman View Post
      Another thing to think about is why are you wanting to go full frame? Most people sight noise performance, but honestly, with the latest sensors from the D5200 and potentially from the D7100, high iso performance is good all the way up to iso6400. So really iso performance was true in the past for full frame, but that gap is really small with the latest DX sensors. The reason I go full frame is I love wide angle. I do lots of landscapes and such so wide angle was the key in my decision to go full frame. The wide angle options in DX are almost non existant. For those that like sports or birding, etc that likes long reach, I'd avoid Full Frame as it will ultimately cost you a whole lot more in lenses to get the same reach as DX. And no, cropping can only go so far since you lose resolution. So a D7100 + 300 f/2.8 will cost you $7000 while a D600 + 400mm f/2.8 will cost you a whopping $11,000 and have less reach! And the D7100 is a much better spec'd camera than the D600.
      Sounds like I should just stick with my D90 lol...
      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

are you planning to buy expensive glasses in the future?
        if not I think honestly D90 is a pretty good Body for the lens you have now...
        for us canon people, the apsc bodies canon make are just rip off...

Comment

Right now a D7100 is looking nice...
          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

man the price is very good....
            got to be one of the best one nikon makes...

Comment

Working...
            X