Value Pet Supplies.com- caveat emptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value Pet Supplies.com- caveat emptor

I ordered an Eheim 2262 canister filter from the website directly, though they also fill orders on amazon and ebay.

They had a good price, decent reviews, and were showing it as "in-stock" on the website. A few days pass, and they'd processed the $$, but we still hadn't gotten a confirmation email/ tracking info. So after a phone call, they admit it actually WASN'T in stock, it's on backorder- but due to arrive the next day.
    2 more days go by. We call again. They say it actually DID arrive yesterday, the warehouse just hasn't gotten around to updating, etc. Due to ship tomorrow.

I get a call the next afternoon, was told "The box was damaged in shipping. There's a small hole in the box...but don't worry, our Quality Control opened it and thoroughly checked every component, they say it is in perfect shape, everything is fine. Can we go ahead and mail it to you, for say...$15 off? Or we can order another one from Germany and you can wait?"
    She also refused to upgrade shipping, saying priority "always ends up getting lost".

I agree to receive it, seeing as how that was the only one they ordered (though the website was still showing it as "in-stock", which I told her she might want to change, she agreed), on the condition that they get it in the mail that day, and if there's anything wrong with it, they'll pay return shipping and give me a refund no questions asked.

It finally gets here. There are at least two holes in every side of the box except one. I check everything, and sure enough...the plastic casing on the pump is cracked, split into pieces and falling off... I call requesting a return label (there was no invoice or instructions for return included) and got the lamest apology I've ever heard. "We just don't have control over things like this, unfortunately...QC must not have caught that this time."

I also tell her their website is STILL showing it as in-stock. She said that is not how they do business and she'll have someone look into that. I'm told the refund should take "a few days, tops" after they have receive the filter back.
    I call again (a Monday), 4 business days after tracking shows they'd had it back. The customer service rep was rude and unapologetic, and I am now told it will take 2-3 weeks for the refund to be processed.
    At this point, I simply list the mishandling of this transaction from the beginning, and explain that it will make for a very legitimate Better Business Bureau complaint, which I will be filing on Wednesday if I don't have my refund by then.
    We get an email a few hours later saying the refund is being processed. The money showed up the next day.

I honestly gave them every opportunity, every step of the way, to correct their mistakes and was repaid with multiple delays and mistruths, bad customer service, and unapologetic passing-the-blame attitude. I'm glad i finally got my money back, but I highly recommend being wary with this company. I've never had a worse experience with an online retailer.

Also-Their website still shows the 2262 filter as being "in-stock".

Caveat emptor.
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Re: Value Pet Supplies.com- caveat emptor

I was waiting for this review
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Working...
    X