150g for Suki the Fahaka- updated pics 1/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lookslater View Post
    Mistahoo- she's pretty chill, and sharp as it looks, i don't think she'll hurt herself... There's sticks in africa.
    roflcopter!!!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

There's vids of crabs bigger than the puffers grabbing the face with their pincher while being eaten... I'm almost positive the puffer couldn't inflict as much damage on itself like a crab would do to it.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I kinda get what you're saying, the addition of stones will definitely finish up the scape nicely
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i think we are all still nervous after what happened to sunny's congo...
          my fish house:
          2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
          6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
          29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
          45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
          2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
          125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
          and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Re: 150g Build Thread for Suki the Fahaka

No doubt
            http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

What happened there?
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

tank looks great!! what kind of deal you get?

Comment

The wood appears a lot sharper then it really is. Most of the peaks are wide without any real sharp puncture spots. Once we get the hardscape and plants in place and fill it, we'll get some video footage and it'll be a bit more clear. I do really like the way its shaping up and ADG was a great help in finding some kick A** wood! I really had fun at ADG, HAW, and over at Ally's!!! Wish we had more time and we'd have hit Sunny up, but alas the babysitter was calling.....
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                  Desiderius Erasmus
                  GHAC President

Comment

It was a great deal on a new tank, 150 tall at Petsmart, I'll shoot you a link
                    Desiderius Erasmus
                    GHAC President

Comment

Yeah, I remember... poor Piglet.

I'm aware of the possibility of injury, just making a judgement call. Suki's used to a big family here at the house, lots of movement around her tank, loud music, etc. She rarely spooks, as in I've seen her do it a few times in a year, and not in the last 6 mo or so. I've also always had pointy wood in her tank with no problems yet.
                      Also, I think the wood looks sharper in this pic than it actually is....remember it's a 4 x 2 x 3. Even the smallest/pointiest looking edges are fairly stout in scale.
                      She's taken a crawfish claw to the face. I freaked, I was sure she'd loose her eye...She was fine, had a scratch on her face for awhile and it healed up quickly. I'm pretty sure she can take the sticks.
                      If not, I can get new wood!
                      "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Lol, Sasha and I both discussing double posting the same reply in different rooms...
                        Desiderius Erasmus
                        GHAC President

Comment

great minds post alike lol
                          my fish house:
                          2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-
                          2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby

Comment

No doubt Ally! I love how we both take it from different angles, you can tell I'm the TMI poster.
                            "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

according to my ex, it's just cause us girls tend to share more info...
                              my fish house:
                              2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

Originally posted by allysangels View Post
                                according to my ex, it's just cause us girls tend to share more info...
                                Thats a true statement.. The wood looks amazing guys
                                175 tropheus Chaitika
                                125 tropheus Ujiji
                                90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Working...
                                X