Agression!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moganman View Post
    It also depends on what you did when introducing the fish. When I introduce new fish to my tanks I do a water change and remove all the rocks. Reintroduce the rocks a few days later to give everyone a chance to claim territory.
    I did a big water change but didnt pull rocks out left lights off for 24 hrs there much much calmer right now still a lil fighting nothing like before the 3 were taking turns dive bombing a few of the bigger trophs just added

Comment

How much water movement? Maybe add more water movement so they're focus on that an not other fish

Comment

Ive got i believe a old 1300gph power head and a 600gph i believe along with the fx5 and mag 5...... Im gonna be upgrading my wetdry soon and then a bigger pump goes on there

Comment

Just leave them be, they'll figure it out. Extra males getting beat up is pretty inevitable. You have enough fish in the tank to where they will settle down nicely and not break your colony

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
            Just leave them be, they'll figure it out. Extra males getting beat up is pretty inevitable. You have enough fish in the tank to where they will settle down nicely and not break your colony
            You say that but the males not just aggresive to males but all the fish in the tank
            175 tropheus Chaitika
            125 tropheus Ujiji
            90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

yeah thats the problem I'm having now alpha male is beating on everything in the tank
              125g: Empty For Now
              90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
              Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Ya they like went pycho even the petros that are far bigger were getting beat on

Comment

Originally posted by LordBarron7692 View Post
                  yeah thats the problem I'm having now alpha male is beating on everything in the tank
                  Another suggestion, I would put him in a breeder net inside the tank for a couple of day and not feed him.
                  175 tropheus Chaitika
                  125 tropheus Ujiji
                  90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Originally posted by New_Cichlid11 View Post
                    Another suggestion, I would put him in a breeder net inside the tank for a couple of day and not feed him.
                    A time out make sure hes in the corner

Comment

hmmm I will definately have to do something and do it quick

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Well i threw them xanax last night and today they all seem chilled out no more fighting ive seen this morning kept rocks out and lights off

Comment

Good deal hopefully you will get your aggression worked out

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

hahah xanax gotta treat them right
                            175 tropheus Chaitika
                            125 tropheus Ujiji
                            90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Glad to hear that you got the aggression down and all of the new comers are doing well. I find that when adding a lot of new fish to a established colony that doing a large water change and rescaling the entire tank is what works best for me. At that point everyone in the tank has to Liam a new territory to call there own. It is what works for me. Good luck with your new trophs.
                              120g
                              Red Rainbows tropheus
                              90g
                              Assorted Male Malawi Cichlids
                              125g
                              Moshi Mahale
                              Nkonde Fasciolatus Yellow
                              petrochromis Sp. Blue Giant

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
                                Well i threw them xanax last night and today they all seem chilled out no more fighting ive seen this morning kept rocks out and lights off
                                Trade?
                                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                                X