No announcement yet.

It's taboo, but we did it & he lived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow , awesome job Dawn. So glad to hear that hes better swimming and happy.
    5 gal baby hecqui grow out
    7 gal baby compressicps
    14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
    4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
    100 gal mixed community tank
    125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Great job
      "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
      "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
      -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Originally posted by Geral View Post
        Congrats!!! Nice Story pics of the patient plz

This operation in video would be incredible
        There is video on the first page of his before & after. The procedure itself couldn't be video taped as both of us needed both hands!

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
        make sure you keep the salts in there and maybe add meds to keep from getting an infections!

Glad it worked out for you Dr.Dawn!
        Already on it, Q. Thanks, man.
        180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
        75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
        50g - Various platy & mollies
        10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

UPDATE!

What I failed to mention earlier is that tank he's in... well, that was my Molly tank. I left 3 in there just because I was in a hurry to get him moved. They've been shuddering in a corner since we put him in there a couple of days ago. Can you blame them?

I had to run out for an hour & a half & just got back home to find that there's only 1 Molly. Bad for the Mollies but YAY FOR MR. OSCAR! The one remaining Molly was shuttering behind the HOB intake when I started writing this. Now, he's also gone.

I guess that means Mr. Oscar is feeling MUCH better. *so happy*

Comment

When all else fails LIVE BAIT.....LOL
            Well at least he ate something, thats a good sign.
            5 gal baby hecqui grow out
            7 gal baby compressicps
            14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
            4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
            100 gal mixed community tank
            125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

At this point, I don't care if he wants steak & lobster, I'm getting it for him! Still gonna leave him in this tank for a couple more days, just because he's been down for so long.

Would appreciate any advice on what brand & type of some vitamins that yall have used successfully that I can get for him tomorrow. Gonna soak his regular food in them for a few days. Just wanna be sure he's tip top before adding him back into the gladiator pit, lol.

I'm over here being cautious. The fish is probably saying, "Can't you see I've already torn out ALL of your live plants, 1 of the plastic & eaten all the snacks you left me? LET ME OUT of this tiny contraption!"

Comment

Flinstone....
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Yabba dabba do not give your fish Flintstone vitamins, lol.

Comment

Congratulations on such an awesome job well done Dr Dawn!! Gotta love these happy endings (well the Oscars anyway)!!! :)

Comment

Thanks for the detailed post and nice job.
                      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Now THAT is a fish you will appreciate that much more every time you look at him once he's back in the big tank.
                        210G Malawi haps, peacocks, and clown loaches
                        135G buccochromis rhoadesii & 135G Malawi haps & peacocks
                        125G aristochromis christi & 125G Malawi hap & old clown loaches
                        90G star sapphire
                        75G buccochromis rhoadesii
                        55G ?
                        30G aulonacara Midnight & 30G eclectochromis fry

Comment

Day 13 - It looks like a tornado has hit the tank, lol. I salvaged what I could of the live plants he didn't completely shred (which was most) & left the plastic ones for him to toss around. The heater is now free floating, as is the intake filter for the canister filter, the HOB intake is off again, I can see tank floor where he's moved all the sand around & he's disassembled some of the plastic plants. I've got work to do!

I think it's safe to say Mr. Oscar is feeling a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by sountfc View Post
                            Now THAT is a fish you will appreciate that much more every time you look at him once he's back in the big tank.
                            Without a doubt!

Day 14 - He has made a complete disaster of the 50g & made it crystal clear by splashing me with water numerous times throughout the day to get my attention, that he is back to his silly self. So, tonight I moved him back into his 180 with his other water puppy friends. You can barely see where I picked his scales off to stick him with the needle.

Everyone was happy to see him. They immediately got into their "fish gang" formation & swam the length of the tank together a few times, bumping and tail slapping each other as they went. All is well in my little fishy world.

Now to take down the 50g... or should I put something else in it? Hmmm.

Comment

put something else in it LOL
                              125g: Empty For Now
                              90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
                              Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Great read. Happy for your Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                                X