Bragging rights!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bragging rights!!!

Okay...most of you that know me know that I frown on bragging. But...for the club, I just have to make a shout-out on some things.

1) We just got notice in the mail that a scape we entered in to AGA/ADA 2012 ranked 618 out of 2,021....that's in the top third world-wide...and it was a LOW-TECH, FILTERLESS tank!

Aquatic plants and their specialized setups: identification, care, lighting, nutrients, CO2, aquascaping...

2) And not only that, but we have released two brand new plants, never before ID'd or used in the hobby that we collected just by doing some field trips...LOCALLY! They are:

Ludwigia sphaerocarpa: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...&spec=Ludwigia

and

Ludwigia glandulosa x palustris (ID confirmed...this is NOT the palustris variant that had floated around some years ago that would never survive long submersed): http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...palustris.html

3) And to top it all off, we've actually got 2 more, possibly 3, plants in trial right now that have never been seen in the hobby (that we know of).

How cool is that?! Okay, that's all I wanted to say.

By the way, next HAAPS meeting will be the second weekend of December. We'll announce the location later.
    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Pretty cool. I have a little experience with discovering and naming new species of South and Central American cichlids. But man that tank is a beauty. I would love to see the tank that won since your tank looks really nice.
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Congrats Dave!!!
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks guys!

By the way, I hope I didn't make it sound as though we actually go to name any new plants. They are long-time ID'd plants from centuries ago...just never been in the hobby before.

And I can totally NOT take full credit for the tank. It really was a group effort between Kevin and me, and nearly 100% of the tank/substrate/plants/etc... were either freebies or "very good" deals form fellow members and members of other clubs. Having local clubs in Texas made that scape possible.

Comment

Congrats. If the meeting is before the 11th, I will be able to make it. Going to South Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam soon.
          Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Comment

Jozle, it'll be on the 15th...any way you can still make it? If not, have a safe trip and we'll see you when you get back.

Comment

Working...
            X