Babies! Swordtails, platies and guppies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babies! Swordtails, platies and guppies

Hi just thought I'd post that my livebearers are doing well. I've got several strains of Swordtails and have finally gotten a trap that is working to give me babies. I've got week old baby hi fin albino orange blossom and Red wag swordtails. I might also have some lyretail albino koi swordtail babies. That tank has a lot of java moss in it and I've not seen them for several days now so not sure if they are still alive.

My hi-fin red platy babies are 5 months old now and droping their own fry. These are some nice reds. As well my hallowween platies (orange with black spots) have babies that are 4 months old now. I need to trap them as I'm not getting as many babies as I would like. oh they are hi-fined as well.

I've got my Albino blue topaz guppies in a large trap and am getting a lot of fry from them now. My yellow snakeskin guppies had 3 glassbellied females which i've seperated out and now have 55+ young guppies from them. None are glassbellies but the next generation should have some. And these guys grow fast! at 2 months the males are coloring up. I've done a cross of the yellow snakeskin guppies to the albino blue topaz. The snakeskin wont eat their fry but the blue topaz I have to trap if I want any fry. The snakeskin are a gold bodied fish and the blue topaz looked gold bodied to me as well. Well the fry are graybodied! And a lot of them look like they might be 1/2 black. The oldest fry are 8 weeks old and males are coloring up already. It will be interesting to see what they turn out to be.

And of course I've included some pictures!

DSCN9397.jpgDSCN9403.jpgDSCN9410.jpgDSCN9149.jpgDSCN9151.jpgDSCN8872.jpgDSCN8924.jpg
    Attached Files
    Guppies:
    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Fancy those snakeskin guppys look cool. I had some years ago they didn't look as good as yours...
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Well some good news and some bad. for some reason all the adult Albino blue topaz guppies in the (Large) breedng trap died. :( But I do have 30-40 babies growing up some already sexing out. And I found 6 Koi? Swordtail babies. These might be lyretails!
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

I love baby fish :-)
        130 gallon lake malawi breeding community tank red zebra with true blue male, Mosobo "deep", Rusties, Taiwan reef.
        125 gallon with Carl the crappie and Mrs. C the crawdad
        100 gallon tall Walstad method planted tank
        55 gallon tropical mixture of guppies, platy's, clown loaches
        55 gallon pea puffer planted tank
        30 gallon Cichlid fry tank
        30 gallon planted snowball shrimp tank.
        10 gallon Killi fish australe orange planted tank trying to breed

Comment

Sorry to hear out the loss. Hope you get some pretty ones out of the babys...

I found 6 Koi? Swordtail babies.
          You need to post a picture of these.
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
          X