No announcement yet.

KISS FOWLR - Equipment & Stocking Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuz Dillon told me to put it in the HOB's. I just follow directions!
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Well yeah. The chaeto will end up in the HOB regardless, but if it's actually sitting on the tank, the pods will spread out all over the rocks and tank. That way you'll have pods everywhere for your upcoming stock

Comment

It's really not that important where you put it. As long as it's getting light, and good flow. An HOB is a perfect place for it, as long as it's getting some direct light. I use two 6400K spotlights over my 'fuge, and I have 3-4 different types of macro in there. Sooner or later, pods will go where they want. Putting it in a controlled environment to begin with helps reduce pumps getting clogged up, and the eyesore of little floating, squiggly, green things everywhere.

Great job on getting this tank going for your son, SW.

Comment

Update! OK, so since we nixed the seahorse-mandarin idea for now & I picked up the 3 Domino Damsels, we've also added a blue, yellow tailed damsel & a tomato clown thanks to Chris (nightster). There hasn't been any aggression from the Dominos & I had been warned there could be so I've watched them super close since I put them in. Maybe because they were already in a community tank at the LFS when I got them? At any rate, everyone is eating & seems happy in their little set-up. The Dominos really like the little caves Brandon made by stacking pieces of flat rock over round rocks. They dart around & make him laugh at feeding time. He's really enjoying the stock he didn't want at first so all is well. He still wants the starfish, though.

Comment

Now take him to galveston on a mini collection trip!

If you're quick enough you can snag yourself some Sergeant major damsels
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
              Now take him to galveston on a mini collection trip!

If you're quick enough you can snag yourself some Sergeant major damsels
              Q, I am a cold weenie. Once its over 80 again, I'll take him! Someone is going to have to go with me that knows what they're doing, tho. I'm still SW stupid! If left unattended, I'll probably bring home something that makes a meal out of everything he's got. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpiosWife View Post
                Q, I am a cold weenie. Once its over 80 again, I'll take him! Someone is going to have to go with me that knows what they're doing, tho. I'm still SW stupid! If left unattended, I'll probably bring home something that makes a meal out of everything he's got. LOL
                Instant predator tank!
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

No kidding, that would be my luck. So, when it gets warmer Brandon, Shawn, you, xa, Steven & I are going to find Brandon stuff he can put in his tank, lol.

Comment

LoL that might be fun.

How's he liking it so far?
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: KISS FOWLR - Equipment & Stocking Questions

Collecting trip at Galveston? Sounds good to me!

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

He is really laughing a lot. They're holding his attention longer than the puffers did. He loves puffers tho & wants to go back & visit Chris' big one again, lol.

For now, he likes the dominos best. It's the way they dash all around, especially when he feeds them. He cracks up to the point of belly laughing & hiccups. He asked if he could get some more fish, but I'm not sure how many of what he could put in a 30g. Its definitely a learning process for all of us.

I have a feeling that before too long Shawn is gonna want to pull one of the 75s out of the garage & start his own SW tank. He's jelly. LOL

Comment

LoL!

With damsels I would say that you can fill that tank up like it was a tank of cichlids! The more the merrier!

I tested this in a 10g a while back and that tank was stuffed and full of movement.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hmmmm... I think I'd probably need more than the HOB then. Good thing I have 2 spare 75s, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                              LoL!

With damsels I would say that you can fill that tank up like it was a tank of cichlids! The more the merrier!

I tested this in a 10g a while back and that tank was stuffed and full of movement.
                              How long did it take for them to kill each other?

Comment

Re: KISS FOWLR - Equipment & Stocking Questions

Originally posted by rage View Post
                                How long did it take for them to kill each other?
                                I don't think they did

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X