Need to get assasin snails, pond snail outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Need to get assasin snails, pond snail outbreak

So if anyone has a few assassin snails I could purchase lmk. I am having pond snails poppinh up everyday. I can trade some hornwort, have waaay too much or juat purchase with cash.

Id get a puffer to eat but the snails are in my guppy breeder tank :(

Call/text, 832 798 755 two I get off at 7 today.

I have some. In my limited experience assasin snails are not as good at controlling pond snails as mts. FWIW
    Mike

Comment

Can you please update your profile to reflect your location?
      180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
      75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
      50g - Various platy & mollies
      10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Agree w/ tangomike. Problem is MTS multiply like roaches.
        Then you will need the assassin snails to rid the mts. Vicious circle. Try baiting the pond snails at lites out in a snail trap. Know there are DIY ones that are easy to make May want to research that as an option.
        My experience w/ MTS after I introduced them to my tank was a constant battle to "rid" of them!! Dipped plants / changed / substrate / traps. Finally got a lot of assassin snails & bless thier pointy heads they did thier job. When they run out of MTS they will feed on thier own if there doesn't seem to be excess food in the tank.
        Good luck. V
        "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
        "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
        -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Re: Need to get assasin snails, pond snail outbreak

Copper sulfate works for me every time But then again, all I like to have in my tanks are water, sand, rocks and fish.
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Direct injection of H2O2 on the snails. Then again, I got a swarm of pea puffers eating every snail within sight.
            Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Comment

I have some assassin snails and mts in my tank. The assassins are pathetic at getting rid of the mts in my tank.
              210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
              125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

I have hungry puffers, lol. Just sayin!
                180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
                75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
                50g - Various platy & mollies
                10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

The outbreak isnt too bad since I keep feeding them to my Oscars every other night but its annoying to do. I dont want to introduce mts and still have a snail issue. Whomever can spare 3 or so assassin snails, I'd appreciate it.

I can pay or take free or give you hornwort that has pond snails :(

Comment

Get with John at HAW. He has assassins
                    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Will do tomorrow, he'll be closed before I get off work

Comment

Give you all you would like but you are on other side of town ;(
                        I'm between woodlands & magnolia. You will find a shop or someone closer may speak up. Maybe post a wanted for assassin snails since that's the way you want to go. V
                        "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
                        "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
                        -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Yeah gas on a 5.7l v8 to get out there would be awful lol. I appreciate the offer and if you end up by willowbrook either Monday or Tuesday I'll be right down the road. I'm gonna check out some lfs tomorrow morning, this is my wanted post lol :)

Comment

Cmon, free food for oscars. I welcome snails to feed my hungry mobs.
                            Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozle View Post
                              Cmon, free food for oscars. I welcome snails to feed my hungry mobs.
                              If it was that simple, my oscars would've finished up the snails already. The snails are appearing in my guppy breeding tank, it has 5" of substrate and tons of hornwort, java moss, asian water moss, duck weed and a BIIIIIIG alley rock. There is waaaay too many hiding spots for them where me picking them off is clearly not effective. Great for guppy breeding but not quite for snail extermination.

I'll be picking up a new tank tomorrow and I'll transfer my guppies with filter there with some assassin snails in the new tank and let the smaller one's substrate dry up outside in a bleach mix. Then sell, who wants to buy a 29gal bowfront with plenty of crushed coral for a 55, might have snail eggs depending how fast you pick up? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X