New Look for a 75g (Journal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Look for a 75g (Journal)

I have an old 75g tank. It has been a breeder and grow out tank. It even had bred kribs in it but mostly its just been for my Angel fish.photo (141).jpg

So now I am starting something new. I have been growing out 6 Geophagus. They are 15 weeks old and growing fast. They will be the main fish in the tank. I also have a group of peacock endlers. That will be tank mates. I have not found pleco's yet. I would like to do long fin BN plecos or L102s but its still up in the air.

The scape will be driftwood flat stone and PFS. I have a few plastic plaints but want to add some live plaints. I have a new bag of sand and the driftwood is in a bucket soaking. I will mount them to tiles. So I can put it all together.

New pictures to come...
    Last edited by troy tucker; 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Good luck, Troy!
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Thank you Dawn. I am a very lucky person you know...

Comment

Can't wait to see the progress.
        FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

cool, another geo tank. good luck.
          280g:peacocks
          210g : haps
          12g : shellies
          (4) 55g:breeding tanks

Comment

Worked on it last night. The befor photo (140).jpg and the after photo (143).jpg...

The fish will go in it today. I did use pre-cycled filters and aged water. So its safe for the fish. I think it needs more plants?

Comment

New Look for an Old 75g

I think it looks great Troy. To me plants are just for aesthetics. I don't have any plants in my geo tank. Could use a few more rocks but I really like the driftwood center piece.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Looks good
                Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
                Mark Twain

Comment

thanks guys. The driftwood is right off the beach in Sargent Tx. The center peice has a nice cave. So I would like to add a breeding paire of plecos. So I am looking for long fin ABN or something small like Hyponcistrus L201 L102. Or one of the Zebras. There are a few others I would take.

I am going to add some rocks and some live plants. Not a Jungle. Just a few to brake up site lines and give the endler fry another place to hide.
                  Here are pictures of the fish. They are still small at 2" and 16 weeks old...
                  photo (144).jpg photo (145).jpg photo (146).jpg This was right after they were put in. They are having a great time getting to know their new home.
                  Last edited by troy tucker; 11-02-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

New Look for an Old 75g

You did treat and clean the wood before you dropped it in the tank, right. Driftwood found, can contain many toxins that can leach over time. Not to mention rotten spots.
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Yep
                      It was pressurewashed. It was bleached. then soaked in prime. to remove the bleach.
                      Last edited by troy tucker; 11-02-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Update...

I added some rock and some live plants. ( Anubias, Java Fern, and Guppy Grass )

photo (154).jpg photo (150).jpg photo (152).jpg photo (147).jpg

The Geo's are growing crazy fast. endlers have had fry in the tank. Still not enough cover but it will grow in with time. I still need to find plecos.

Let me know what you think?

Comment

Looking nice!
                          Guppies:
                          Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
                          Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
                          HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

MY BABIES!!!! thank you troy! they look so happy.. and i still have LOTS more!
                            my fish house:
                            2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
                            6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
                            29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
                            45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
                            2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
                            125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
                            and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Update: photo (172).jpg photo (173).jpg photo (174).jpg photo (175).jpg
                              I added a couple of rocks and added a britter light. The Geo's are getting bigger.
                              What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X