• Show
Clear All

• Pics:

SUNNY!

Steve and Sunny

Dave!

Clay and Jimmy!

Full album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4343409&type=3
    Last edited by Nickintex; 10-22-2012, 05:15 AM.
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

• im all ready for another auction and another steak dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

• i got a tiny bit of java moss for $1 and 3 can's of fish food for $3. Then I had to leave. :( How late did you all go?
        Guppies:
        Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
        Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
        HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

• Wish I could have made it to get the moss I need :(

Comment

• Just got home and now acclimating all the fish.

Who was that a**hole that kept winning all the angels??? Oh, sorry, that was me

I had a blast!!! Hopefully, I can sell the angels to a store around here for a small profit. My big piece of driftwood was a huge loss. Oh well. I will post pics of my winnnings tomorrow.

Comment

• My observations....

In general, stuff went cheaper than normal.
              Not a good day for driftwood, but it was a good day for books and plastic plants (I think I brought the only ones, so demand was > supply )
              I got 4 of the black pinoy angels, they look very cool now in the holding tank. I can see the blue.
              I picked up a triangular slate cave for $1, it was the 2nd item and apparently no one was paying attention. The seller (David (?) from Texas Holey Rocks) was not too happy about that as his others went higher even though they were on later tables.
              I picked up a decent piece of Holey Rock for $5 which was a steal.
              I wish I would have gone up to $50 on that betta tank, I regret not winning it.
              I repicked up my small pond pump and UV sterilizer that I gave TexSun as part of a large package of items. That will be going straight to ebay as I should be able to double my money.
              Not a good day for Madagascar cichlids.
              Sunny brought a nice piece of driftwood that someone split for him (apparently after the last auction where my log went for $52, every one and their neighbor decided to bring driftwood this time).
              There were not many plants this time. I was hoping to pick up a lot of green crypts, but there were none

Comment

• Here are some pics of my winnings...

Comment

• wow, thats a lot of angels
                  10g Community Planted Aquarium
                  10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                  55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                  20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
                  20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
                  YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

• Originally posted by clayt101 View Post
                    Just got home and now acclimating all the fish.

Who was that a**hole that kept winning all the angels??? Oh, sorry, that was me

I had a blast!!! Hopefully, I can sell the angels to a store around here for a small profit. My big piece of driftwood was a huge loss. Oh well. I will post pics of my winnnings tomorrow.
                    I happen to know you didn't get away with all the cute little angels, because I got home with a pretty good assortment myself. Had no real idea what Phillipine blues were supposed to look like as adults, but ah! they were so shiny ! LOL. I was kind of surprised this morning to find that one of them, having made himself at home in the planted tank, looked more like one of the Smoky Blues. I've never had either of these strains before. Should be interesting. I've wanted some Platinums for a long time, too. Sometimes I wish I could keep them smaller. I was also thrilled to get more of the Sunset Blushing variety, since I got one of them in a mixed bag a few auctions ago and he's the most awesome fish now. The Koi ones I got at the last winter auction have turned out nice, too.
                    And of course, I couldn't leave without just 1 rock. Had a great time ! Selling a few things really takes away some of the guilt from buying so much. It's a great system !
                    Well, time to do water changes and clean the filters, right?

Polly "Snailtrax" Hood

60 gal. with 3 big old clown loaches
                    10 gal. planted with guppies and LF plecos

Comment

• Originally posted by snailtrax View Post
                      I happen to know you didn't get away with all the cute little angels, because I got home with a pretty good assortment myself. Had no real idea what Phillipine blues were supposed to look like as adults, but ah! they were so shiny ! LOL. I was kind of surprised this morning to find that one of them, having made himself at home in the planted tank, looked more like one of the Smoky Blues. I've never had either of these strains before. Should be interesting. I've wanted some Platinums for a long time, too. Sometimes I wish I could keep them smaller. I was also thrilled to get more of the Sunset Blushing variety, since I got one of them in a mixed bag a few auctions ago and he's the most awesome fish now. The Koi ones I got at the last winter auction have turned out nice, too.
                      And of course, I couldn't leave without just 1 rock. Had a great time ! Selling a few things really takes away some of the guilt from buying so much. It's a great system !
                      Well, time to do water changes and clean the filters, right?

Polly "Snailtrax" Hood
                      So you beat me out on that silver / smokey / blueish group. That was one group that I really wanted, but decided against it. If I had gotten them, I would have put them in with my others of that type to grow out and try to get some unrelated breeders.

Comment

• Originally posted by clayt101 View Post
                        So you beat me out on that silver / smokey / blueish group. That was one group that I really wanted, but decided against it. If I had gotten them, I would have put them in with my others of that type to grow out and try to get some unrelated breeders.
                        Well, there were a few nice batches of those, so hopefully whoever produced them will bring some more in the future. I think they're going to be very nice. Looks like one or two of the Smokies will be Pearscales as well, which I love. I have no plans to try and breed any strain, so I can just relax and enjoy the variety show. My only worry will be trying to decide which ones to part with when they reach adulthood because I'm NOT setting up more tanks !!

60 gal. with 3 big old clown loaches
                        10 gal. planted with guppies and LF plecos

Comment

• I hope the breeder of the smokies brings some next time! I wanted some but my tank is full with my koi angels.
                          10g Community Planted Aquarium
                          10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                          55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                          20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
                          20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
                          YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

Working...
                          X