He looks hungry lol
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Re: My Tetraodon Miurus (Congo Puffer)

His food is swimming in there too lol
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Came home to find the puffer stuck to the filter intake and looks like its skin is peeling close to the tail area on the sides. Treating with Melafix and Pimafix. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Comment

suicide
          dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

stress
            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Prognosis?

Comment

make sure the water parameters are good make sure the temp is ok and leave the lights off.
                Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

does ur intake have a fast suction
                  dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                    stress
                    +1

Fussy little buggers. Turn off the light for a few days. Do daily water changes. Add aeration. But you know all this already... Good luck!
                    30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Puffers do not like change they are very picky fish they get stress out very easily...
                      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Intake has Fluvall prefilter on. Will recheck params right now and already turned lights out. Tank temp is 80.

He was doing well yesterday.

Comment

Wound:

Comment

I had a Palambensis do something similar once. I ended up placing a prefilter sponge on the intake to protect it. They are a lurker type and they seem to have a tough time with intakes. As to the affected skin areas, my best advice would be a general water treatment (as you have done already) and turn out the lights (again exactly what I would have done). Does the wound appear to have been caused by the filter intake? If not, then I would certainly look to a parameter issue. Possibly Nitrates? We can eliminate lighting and heat. Water could be a treatment (water conditioner, filtration medium) that might be causing it, though its a long shot. Substrate and decoration are the only other alternatives and they are just as tricky to isolate. We use PFS in our tank, by chance does it have blasting sand in it's tank(highly unlikely, but grasping at straws)? What stone are you using, it appeared to be fossil rock. If so it would be limestone based and possibly might be leaching some chemical that effects puffers. I'll start some research and get back to you ASAP
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                            Desiderius Erasmus
                            GHAC President

Comment

Are any of the rocks shifted in the tank? Like perhaps he tried to bury itself and there was a collapse, as that would looks like trauma. Is it about the same size as the filter intake? Trying to postulate what it could have gotten stuck in or wedged between...
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                              Desiderius Erasmus
                              GHAC President

Comment

Oh no! Sorry, Sunny.
                                Get your params yet? Unless they're off, I wouldn't WC. They hate those almost as much as moving tanks. I wouldn't add to the stress unless you have to.
                                Any sharp rocks in the tank?
                                "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X