No announcement yet.

School fish tank stocking ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I know ! How many clown fish would comfortably/ naturally live in a 26 gallon?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
        This ^

Comment

Wow! Just one. Is two insanely to much?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnsbra123 View Post
            Wow! Just one. Is two insanely to much?
            Not insanely, but two is pushing it. Especially if you're not going to get corals.

Comment

What fish could I do to where I could have 2 or 3? Or one fish with a lot of invertebrates that is great alone.

Comment

Chromis

Comment

Awesome! Could I do two chromis and one wrasse? Or should I do one clown and alot of coral frags And shrimp?
                  Last edited by Johnsbra123; 08-29-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

it seems like the title of this thread "school fish tank" was misinterpreted. i think he means a tank at/for school, not that he's looking for schooling fish... on your budget, if you do saltwater, there's no way to get a school of anything. but freshwater fish are much cheaper and usually more forgiving. at work i get tons of parents coming in to pick up fish for kids in these classes, most don't have any idea what they're doing. not saying that about OP, but just wanted to put it out there to the world- if you send your mom in to buy fish for you, make sure you do your research and GIVE HER A LIST. thank you on behalf of all of us retail people.
                    my fish house:
                    2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
                    6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
                    29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
                    45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
                    2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
                    125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
                    and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Yeah, I just started to figure out that everyone was misinterpreting my title! I'm doing a tank at school, and by the end of the year, I'm going to put them in my 26 gallon bow front. My mom is dumb as rocks when it comes to fish! My friends and I want to have fun with it. We want to do salt wanted for sure!

Comment

Working...
                      X